Fishing Report Glasgow 7/18/2023

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well I took out my Nephew this morning so he could catch some Walleye. Went straight out to 50 fow and then setup 2 riggers and 2 dipsy's. Fishing was crazy again with lots of little ones tossed back to grow up some. Fished out to 67 fow and catching loads of fish all the way out. Finished at 9:00 AM with 26 Walleye and 2 sheep. Had a few doubles with the sliders but one was very memorable. Rigger went off and I started to haul in a nice Walleye. Got him in my hands at the back of the boat with my slider still in the water behind the outboard. All of a sudden a big and I mean big Rainbow jumped out of the water with the slider spoon in his mouth and he hit the outboard. He twisted real fast and pulled the Walleye right out of my hands. He then twisted and the slider line broke and off he went. The walleye landed in the back of the boat so at least I got him. Nephew really enjoyed the trip. Came back in and cleaned all the fish and headed for London. Same program I have been using all week and it did not matter what lure we used. 3 mph was the best speed.

Attachments

• today's fish.jpg
    today's fish.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 94
  • Cory with today's fish.jpg
    Cory with today's fish.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 88
  • nephew Cory.jpg
    nephew Cory.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 85
  • today.jpg
    today.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 94
Well I took out my Nephew this morning so he could catch some Walleye. Went straight out to 50 fow and then setup 2 riggers and 2 dipsy's. Fishing was crazy again with lots of little ones tossed back to grow up some. Fished out to 67 fow and catching loads of fish all the way out. Finished at 9:00 AM with 26 Walleye and 2 sheep. Had a few doubles with the sliders but one was very memorable. Rigger went off and I started to haul in a nice Walleye. Got him in my hands at the back of the boat with my slider still in the water behind the outboard. All of a sudden a big and I mean big Rainbow jumped out of the water with the slider spoon in his mouth and he hit the outboard. He twisted real fast and pulled the Walleye right out of my hands. He then twisted and the slider line broke and off he went. The walleye landed in the back of the boat so at least I got him. Nephew really enjoyed the trip. Came back in and cleaned all the fish and headed for London. Same program I have been using all week and it did not matter what lure we used. 3 mph was the best speed.
excellent report - thanks much

Great stuff @scrimmy! (y) Me and the Stomper will be out in the morning so hope we get into the fish as well. :)

o_O Unbelievable story on the bow smashing a walleye you are bringing in. Seen it with pike and musky but never heard a bow doing that before. That must have been a shocking surprise when that happened. 🤩

Great stuff @scrimmy! (y) Me and the Stomper will be out in the morning so hope we get into the fish as well. :)

o_O Unbelievable story on the bow smashing a walleye you are bringing in. Seen it with pike and musky but never heard a bow doing that before. That must have been a shocking surprise when that happened. 🤩
It was quite the scene with the big bow Bob. I don't think the bow was after the Walleye Bob. It just hammered the spoon on the slider that was still in the water behind the Mercury. When he bit the spoon he jumped right out of the water and he hit my outboard and turned. When he turned the slider got tight to the main line and the Walleye was still on the main with the other spoon in his mouth and when the bow turned it pulled the Walleye right out of my hands. I was just about to take the hook out and now glad I did not or another trip to the emerg would have been in order. The second twist of the bow broke the line and he left with my spoon. The walleye landed in the motor covey at the back of the boat so I at least got him. It was very exciting for a while. I estimate the bow at around 14 lbs or more. I found the best fishing this morning in 62 to 67 fow.

Last edited:
It was quite the scene with the big bow Bob. I don't think the bow was after the Walleye Bob. It just hammered the spoon on the slider that was still in the water behind the Mercury. When he bit the spoon he jumped right out of the water and he hit my outboard and turned. When he turned the slider got tight to the main line and the Walleye was still on the main with the other spoon in his mouth and when the bow turned it pulled the Walleye right out of my hands. I was just about to take the hook out and now glad I did not or another trip to the emerg would have been in order. The second twist of the bow broke the line and he left with my spoon. The walleye landed in the motor covey at the back of the boat so I at least got him. It was very exciting for a while. I estimate the bow at around 14 lbs or more. I found the best fishing this morning in 62 to 67 fow.
Still quite an experience for sure Wayne. Like @SilverTip49 said a steelhead, was there a clang when it hit the motor. 😂

When Cory showed me his new outdoors card I told him he forgot to get a fishing license. His old Card had the 3 year sportsman fishing license printed on it and his new card had nothing. I told him to get on his phone and purchase his 3 year sportsman license and he did at 4:00 in the morning on the 401.

I had a rainbow hit boatside while bringing in a dipsy last night, just set the hook and then dad grabbed the net, no reeling in needed ahah.... As soon as it happened I thought about this thread

Great to see the young ones out fishing. On a side note Wayne I pulled the old whale bone in today at Burwell. The trophy

Great to see the young ones out fishing. On a side note Wayne I pulled the old whale bone in today at Burwell. The trophy
How is my old boat? Someone told me a couple years back that it was in rough shape. I do miss the old girl and have a great many fond memories with that boat.

How is my old boat? Someone told me a couple years back that it was in rough shape. I do miss the old girl and have a great many fond memories with that boat.
Looked fin good shape. They said they have had good luck with it. And this was the first trouble they have had

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks