General information on North Shore

murph

I'm taking my brother in law out fishing for the first time in years next week. I thought I would try fishing the North Shore but have never fished it before. I'm not asking anyone for their secret honey hole, just looking for general info on fishing the area. What baits/lures are best, trolling or casting? Any landmarks I should look for? Any other info you could include is appreciated. If you would like to tell me where your honey hole is feel free to direct message me, LOL

Sorry should have specified that info. I was looking at the Normandie area and looking for bass (although perch would be fine) . I do not have down riggers so can't go too deep. Thought I would try something different than channel or bluffs

what are you saying extra virgin,he just said he had no downriggers.nothing about fishing for bass with them.lol

I'm taking my brother in law out fishing for the first time in years next week. I thought I would try fishing the North Shore but have never fished it before. I'm not asking anyone for their secret honey hole, just looking for general info on fishing the area. What baits/lures are best, trolling or casting? Any landmarks I should look for? Any other info you could include is appreciated. If you would like to tell me where your honey hole is feel free to direct message me, LOL
Lot of bass along the shoreline. Look for isolated rockpiles as well as weed patches. 6 to 15 feet is a good place to start. No need for riggers at all. Keep covering water as the big bass will move in out regularlly to feed. Everyone has their favorite bait to throw and they all will work. Cranks, Jerks plastic, weedless, spinners, live bait. A new favorite out there is the Alabama rig. My buddy landed a beautiful 21 in 5.5 pound smallie on it last week. Just watch how many hooks you use on it to stay legal. We launch from Tp. We were out Sunday night and landed 9 lost 5 in hour and half. Biggest was 18 in .

Thanks for the info jerk bait, it's really appreciated. Obviously meant Normandale area, phone auto corrected

try trollin body baits out from the shoreline further up out infront of Port Ryerse right around to Wolleys point and a bit further east and come back and work that area over ...try to follow that nice contour line/structured ledge in and out of the 20 feet is uniform so zig zag back up on the 10 feet to 18 feet back down to the 20 feet...take a look at your map...if you have navionics great! i would try a jointed rapala on the port side and a AC shiner in size 3.75" on your starboard side.
say your fishin for sm bass and you might get lucky and catch yourself a nice brown

Sorry but you arent going to catch any bass at the Normandie without downriggers......

I have used downriggers for Bass later in the summer but they aren't that deep now. Trolling a body bait in 15 to 20 feet will find them if they are on the bite. Bottom bouncing plastic is a good tactic. I know nothing of Normandale other then the first Ironmaking furnace in Canada, maybe Ontario, was at Normandale Ontario.

try ac shiners 3, 34 20 feet of water speed up slow down troll...or even pump rod if your holding one..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks