Off Topic Gas tank

wetnets88

Anyone know where I can get a gas tank for my ice auger. Its an older model eskimo piranha with a tecumseh TC ll motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While on the subject, anyone know what would fix a crack in a snowmobile gas tank.
Buddy has a tiny hole about half way up in the tank, can only fill half his tank with gas.

Tough deal, pull tank, drain and have it plastic welded maybe?? Fixing plastic to be fluid resistant is tough, and a lot of products don’t want to stick to it to start with, then add a solvent to the mix and it might be difficult.

Thanks Porkpie, thats what I told my buddy may have to buy a new or used tank.
I tried fixing my tub on my Clam hut and nothing would stick to it.

Thanks Porkpie, thats what I told my buddy may have to buy a new or used tank.
I tried fixing my tub on my Clam hut and nothing would stick to it.
Don’t know if this helps. Google Steve’s small engine repair plastic gas tank repair. This guy is a little off the wall, but pretty down to earth (I have used his website before). He always has a beer going while he is going through his solution to the problem (how can you go wrong with a guy that drinks beer!).

Flex seal wouldn’t seal my eaves trough. I wouldn’t use it on a tank.

At Napa we sell Por 15 for metal tank pinhole repairs. Plastic tanks I'm thinking need to be replaced.

I had a plastic tank professionally welded some time ago. Shortly after I filled it, I could see very slight dampness/ seepage around the repaired area. After about 1 hour on the sled, it was just as bad if not worse then prior of the repair... scrapped the tank. Put that repair money towards a new tank. I agree with Stick on this.

If you have a soldering iron; weld it yourself. It's not hard to do at all.
After watching a few YouTube vids and you'll see what I mean.
Princes Auto has polyethylene filler rods; that's the same type of plastic used for most tanks.

Welding Rods

I've repaired a few car/truck plastic gas tanks with these rods and haven't had one come back with a leak.

Dan.

I've used Seal All to fix plastic tanks. Just rough up the surface before applying. Available at CTC.

1613833017007.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks