Gas is too expensive for trolling

We did that back in the 80's off nanticoke, in fact I think PDYC had a bit of an unofficial fishing derby one year all on sail boats. I know of a couple of guys who still do it with some success but it seems a bit difficult...

I can just imagine the pack chaos when someone decides to tack. LOL

It's bad enough now when you hear over the radio, "I've 12 lines out and I am turning across your path so you have to give way."

Tangled lead core? Oh my! LOL. 🌻

Last edited:
the number of lines you have out does not determine who has the right of way......just saying.

the number of lines you have out does not determine who has the right of way......just saying.
I don’t know if you remember in the mid 90’s when a bunch of charter boats were in a “feud” and trolled with these above the canon? Lake Ontario port credit/LFP and bronte.

Attachments

• 160D4365-EA85-49A3-B752-C6557014998C.jpeg
    160D4365-EA85-49A3-B752-C6557014998C.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
Nice Macgregor, hybrid design made for sail or power with a big outboard motor . My friend has one they are a nice unit for exploring places like the north channel Manitoulin/Lake Huron.

Nice Macgregor, hybrid design made for sail or power with a big outboard motor . My friend has one they are a nice unit for exploring places like the north channel Manitoulin/Lake Huron.
For sure. When I took this photo you can see the outboard tilted up but a bit later I saw him again with the motor down and trolling on hybrid power.

Well might as well make this thread my report.

On the water at 700 out of Hamilton. Trolled the north shore with spoons in 120-140 fow. Went 2/2 on lakers, both on the same orange spoon.

Believe it or not these are two different fish. Could have fooled me.
2BC7BC7F-B313-45FD-9CA6-2E1D7D271F48.jpegDBBAEF18-AAC9-423D-A93A-D7BB491AEFC7.jpeg

A few charter boats I know have the “money maker” now.

A 30-40 foot boat. Punch it out slowly to the fishing grounds with the twin 350’s and put down the 25hp kicker.

It’s far to expensive to charter now on the gear you had 5 years ago.

Ok, it’s June 12th….. Is it me or is this not the time the greasers should have moved way deep and the kings have moved in?

A few charter boats I know have the “money maker” now.

A 30-40 foot boat. Punch it out slowly to the fishing grounds with the twin 350’s and put down the 25hp kicker.

It’s far to expensive to charter now on the gear you had 5 years ago.
I do the same. 15 minute drive from home to the launch in Hamilton. Cruise at 3500 rpm with the 300 for 10 minutes then let the 9.9 take over for the rest of the day. That 9.9hp fuel injected Suzuki’s fuel economy is unbelievable. It feels like my 200l tank will last all season. Fuel gauge still says full from the end of last season. (Yes it has a healthy dose of Sta-bil in it)

My brother is like pro Lake Ontario angler and even he’s saying worst year ever so far.
Greasers should be long gone by now. Water is 10-12 degrees colder than 3 years ago at this time. (Surface temp).

I log every trip out for 8-9 years. Lake is getting colder . Maybe in 2-3 it may get ok on the north shore

Greasers should be long gone by now. Water is 10-12 degrees colder than 3 years ago at this time. (Surface temp).

I log every trip out for 8-9 years. Lake is getting colder . Maybe in 2-3 it may get ok on the north shore
I noticed surface temp was a lot warmer in front of Burlington than Mississauga. Water was about 14c in front of Burlington and only like 8 in front of Mississauga. Sorry I was born in the 80s and don’t do Fahrenheit lol

Don’t insult me boy! I’m only 50! 50 Celsius!

Yea, bronte flushes put the warm water faster than the credit

Still, a messed up year. It will settle in a few weeks if we get a warm spell

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks