Garmin 95 UHD

Porkpie

Anyone using the garmin UHD? I saw a deal I might be interested in. I don’t care a whole lot about side or down image as I already have it, but good deal coming on a 9 inch screen and that appeals to me. How is the standard sonar image on the garnish? Good returns? I’m primarily a troller so good old fashioned sonar is more important to me than the DI or side scan. Also, how’s the ease of use on the garmin if your using one? Thanks

I have a 95 and garmin autopilot on the boat. Great piece of kit but step tricky learning curve

1000 percent. A member on here had me questioning this decision. He provided a ton of detail of-line and a poop-load of info.. and upon his suggestions,,,, I tried them all (minus lawrance)

Yea. Garmin UHD is the way to go. He was impartial. But it was best buy I made this year.

I don’t need side scan or the “other”. But I only troll and use sonar to find sholls, humps or weed edges . (It’s available however)

Resolution, maps, ease of use. No fees and the best user interface in the business. GPS is the best in the game. GPS accuracy to the 1/8th inch. Hummingbird user interface looks like Atari maps

The “returns” on my new garmin wouldn’t even happen on my POS hummingbird.

I had hummingbird all my life almost…..do yourself a favor and get rid of that shit. Get the garmin Touch screen. Hummingbird is a cheap accessory that boat salesman sell you on. If you say “no”, he will offer you a 300 dollar rebate on garbage bass-pro gear. (Also garbage)

When “bass pro” says it comes with the tracker boat,,,;;; you know it’s garbage…

Hummingbird is absolute garbage in my raging opinion that I lived with for years. Garbage..

Ease of use???? Try the hummingbird push-button and 14 scrolls to get balk. Absolutely garbage

Get the garmin. The only people who like hummingbird are the people who purchased it and are ashamed to admit they did …

hummingbird is like “Chrysler” lovers.. “my dad had one so it’s the best”. <edit>

I was hummingbird once……

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram ,best truck ever.
As the 3 yr old grandlad says hey grampa "if you cant dodge it ram it" right?

To me boat electronics are a "need vs want" tool like a cell phone. And a truck.
If you need a new unit seems like Garmin is a good brand .

I don't appreciate posts berating peoples choices and politics on here and see no reason for it. Go vent somewhere else .

LOL I have a boat that came with a Chrysler outboard and a Humminbird sonar (The old kind with little black dots for a screen, no colour. And you can change the dots so that they show fish as a little cartoon fish). But hey, it is a fun toy that can go 30 km/h and tell me the depth of water... maybe mark a fish...

I have the 7" Garmin and I really like it. I find it easy to use... Navigating with it it is a lot like the navionics app on your phone. I haven't had a Garmin product that I disliked.

Garmin controls the price that the dealers can sell for. If its on sale every authorized Garmin retailer can give you the same price. My 95 UHD package deal came from Radio world great place to deal with. The autopilot that links into the UHD came from Bridge Yachts which is another great place to deal with. Both stores know a lot about what they are selling and have a good display setup to compare the Garmin to other brands.

Thanks for the info all. I wasn’t planning too, but I saw a deal that makes me think I’ll want to replace my Raymarine this season instead of the next. Now hopefully I’ll be able to get one before they are gone! I like the idea of the 9 inch screen. Right now I have 2 7’s and I plan to keep my Lowrance, as the sonar is excellent!

I am going to buy a second 9 inch now.

My boat came with a couple Helix 7 G4 units, and I added livescope with a 9X UHD. The garmin is hands down a better unit, both in terms of functionality (touchscreen, built-in maps, Side AND down imaging standard) but also the little things like not needing a two $40 dongles just to network units together. Humminbird may have the edge with side imaging, but for me everything else I mentioned is why I picked up a 12X Ultra when they were blowing them out at Cabela's a few weeks ago.

I just picked up my second garmin unit for the elmerfudd. I am super happy with the 95 uhd that came with the new boat. Just added the 10” screen ultra as it was half price on black friday. Ive had them all over the years. Zero complaints with my Lowrance units. But the learning curve to get the most out of them is longer than the touch screen garmins. Im watching for the panoptics “30” series transducers to go on sale. Real time sonar and then radar should complete my rig.

You wont be disappointed with any of the uhd or ultra series units

More good testimonials thank you. Hopefully you guys don’t scoop all the Boxing Day deals before I get to them! As for the humminbird, it’s a shame to hear they are lousy. My only experience is with a helix 5 that I use on the ice and in my tin boat. For those purposes it works just fine, but I have no fancy features on that unit just sonar and GPS.

More good testimonials thank you. Hopefully you guys don’t scoop all the Boxing Day deals before I get to them! As for the humminbird, it’s a shame to hear they are lousy. My only experience is with a helix 5 that I use on the ice and in my tin boat. For those purposes it works just fine, but I have no fancy features on that unit just sonar and GPS.

They just started the sale now early online so buy it now or forever hold your peace ☮️

Here is an awesome deal don’t think you can do any better

Attachments

• BED7F8F1-4E46-4796-A824-7941B4048A3C.png
    BED7F8F1-4E46-4796-A824-7941B4048A3C.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 20
Must’ve been a one day sale. However, Cabelas was the same price and amazingly looks like still in stock for anyone else still interested!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks