Off Topic Fuel Price

cmac

When I go fishing, I gauge the success of my day by means of, does the retail price of the dressed fillets from my catch exceed the price of the fuel used to catch them. Up until this year (not been fishing yet}, my trips have all been successful. Well now, I just filled the truck and boat with 93 and all I can say is, I hope those fish are real fat and plentiful or the personal daily limits bumped up to 150! The total fuel bill was...$1147.00!!!
My new fishing strategy now is to only fish during a moderate North breeze and let the wind push my boat out to the fishing grounds before I fire the main. Lol! Seriously though, although the price is ridiculous, it won't stop me from enjoying fishing or reduce my time on the water with the boat. It just fortifies my desires that certain C.E.O.'s choke on their caviar.🤣🤣

Thigh lines Ladies and Gentlemen and be safe out there!👍👍

Glad I filled the boat at the end of last year. At least I'll get a few trips in before that sticker shock. :eek::oops:

Gonna head out shortly and fill my car up with $2.039 cheap stuff. 🌻

Thank god for me my 4 stroke outboard is only designed for regular gas and Moraviantown is under 10 minutes from home lol. Still ridiculous but every dollar saved is more I can dump into equipment lol. My pick up is designed to run high test but after 2 months of running regular fuel I've noticed minimal notice in power or fuel economy so will continue to feed it cheaper drinks

When I go fishing, I gauge the success of my day by means of, does the retail price of the dressed fillets from my catch exceed the price of the fuel used to catch them. Up until this year (not been fishing yet}, my trips have all been successful. Well now, I just filled the truck and boat with 93 and all I can say is, I hope those fish are real fat and plentiful or the personal daily limits bumped up to 150! The total fuel bill was...$1147.00!!!
My new fishing strategy now is to only fish during a moderate North breeze and let the wind push my boat out to the fishing grounds before I fire the main. Lol! Seriously though, although the price is ridiculous, it won't stop me from enjoying fishing or reduce my time on the water with the boat. It just fortifies my desires that certain C.E.O.'s choke on their caviar.🤣🤣

Thigh lines Ladies and Gentlemen and be safe out there!👍👍
Why do you put 93 in your truck? What truck is it?

Apparently I need to get out more. LOL

Two of three stations close to my house already closed for the night, the open one, a complete zoo.

Preset $80 and it didn't fill it. I'll top up tomorrow night as I keep track of my mileage and wasn't staying there any longer. :rolleyes:. 🌻

I wouldn’t be putting 93 in my truck.
It prefers 87 anyways.

I fill up at Oneida..my wife is status..but she didnt come with me today. Fillup the F150 and 2 5 gallon jugs..$300. Im headed up to Lake Mattagami today so we'll see what prices are up there!! Im lucky that I filled the Trophy Pro up last fall before I stored it..80 gallons so Ill get 1/2 dozen trips in before I have to fill.

I live in Guelph. Last year we went to Port Glassgow twice and each time I burn 3/4 tank of gas on my truck (Tundra). That's would be close to $200 for both boat and truck at today's price. I better bring 4 more fisher people to make it worth while. 12 walleyes is not worth $200 in fuel.

I seen walleye fillets at Zehrs a couple a week ago for $55 per kg ( $25 per lb ). The 12 pickeral you caught should have yielded around 18 lb. of clean fillets. At the price mentioned, that would be about $450 of walleye. That's over double your investment. Plus the things Derkd said

its not just the lbs of meat you're paying for the experience and the memories, and also something to do... with all of that factored in it is definitely worth it

WOW @Derkd9 , I didn't realize you were were a sentimental kind of guy, I thought that was reserved for us old pharts. ;):D 🌻

Just pulled into Bear Creek to fill up the Cherokee. My tank was 1/2 full and at $185.9 it still cost me $70 on the nose for 1/2 tank of fuel. Boat is still using last seasons fuel but I will have to bring a couple 5 gallon jerry cans for next trip. Last season I could not get $70 worth of gas in my Cherokee when it was on empty.

My shipping and logistics folk in asia say “get ready for 3 bucks per litre” by mid to end of summer. Saudi Arabia said 5 bucks a litre next year unless Russia sanctions are lifted.

The “sanctions” on Russian oil has only made Putin richer (last month was record profits for him and Russia) and filled up the governments tax revenues..

Funny how that works.. and we think our governments are “standing strong” with sanctions I guess and we gobble that up.

Why do you put 93 in your truck? What truck is it?
Usually 91 in the truck and 93 in the boat but I was just too lazy to make 2 transactions. F 150 5L. I have always burned premium in all my vehicles since I was 16. Burns better and cleaner. Plugs, injectors, cat and sensors last longer...especially the cat.

I'm old and can't remember. I need you to get out fishing to refresh my memory.😃
I know!! I need to get out asap!!
Damn truck has an issue with the wire harness to the trailer light plug had it in yesterday
But they didn’t have time to track down the issue. So now I have to bring it back next Thursday!

average outing last year -
towing - 35 bucks
Launch - 15 bucks
boat - 10 bucks (unless I was running to basically the USA and then is was closer to 13.

This year -
Towing - 75
Launch - 15
boat - 10 (haven't had to run out far, yet....)

Resolution -
1 stay out longer
2 - once I am 2 fish away from the limit, its C&R till the day is done - no more treating it like a run to grocery store.
As for the longer pulls, like Leamington, Wheately, or even Erieau - no sir, not gonna happen. Lake O pulls will be definitely West end centered, especially now the fish are transitioning to their summer time haunts. That's a drag because fishing different ports is part of the fun but not when its a couple hundred to make the trip. I used to pull to Nipigon once a year. It was 1200 in fuel return, plus 20 -30 liters a day on the water depending how far we ran then. The towing fuel would be over 2400 now - almost more than the entire trip used to cost.

Somehow this year feels more like your annual physical once you are over forty, with the Doctor nicknamed Big Hands Frankie

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks