Off Topic Fuel additives

Too much to drain. Im not really looking for a diag either way. Was just looking for fuel additive suggestions, problem may not even be related to the ethanol or not. Ill get to figuring the rough idle issue eventually.
Going in a merc I would buy the merc brand fuel additives

I use the quickstor when winterizing

I haven’t used the quickare yet but that’s what I would use if I thought I had bad gas in my merc
xtreme marine

I have used sea foam before didn’t cause an issue

Attachments

• IMG_9378.jpeg
    IMG_9378.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 3
Sea foam but not the regular sea foam they have marine specific called sea foam marine pro I’m using it in every tank this year now that ethonal is not avoidable I’m running a 3.0L Mer cruiser

Sea foam but not the regular sea foam they have marine specific called sea foam marine pro I’m using it in every tank this year now that ethonal is not avoidable I’m running a 3.0L Mer cruiser
Teddy- That's exactly what I use. I get it most of the time at Princess-Auto.

Again, seafoam. I always ran ethanol free but now that it’s gone from pump gas I’m putting some seafoam in every tank and running the cheap crap. I’ve always used it for winter storage, and in all my small engines with good results.

I didn't mention the timing, thanks Derkd9 !
Ethanol seems to be the main culprit in a lot of issues and it is notorious for it's ability to absorb moisture. My Dad swore by methyl hydrate aka gasline antifreeze . Maybe a gas line water separator filter needs to be installed ? Also keeping your tank at half full will increase the chance of condensation.
No matter what product you choose when it comes time to winterize your boat is the time you really need to use the chosen product and run it through the carburetor completely.

So it looks like chucking a can of "one of the above" products mentioned may solve your problem ? Next would be the Timing and worse case scenario is cleaning the carb(s) ?

Since we can't get ethanol free gas easily anymore, I use regular gas (from Shell preferably) because it is the freshest fuel at the station and add this marine ethanol addtive. I get it at scrappy tire. Seems to be working for me for the last 2 to 3 years 🤞

Attachments

• 20230729_091407.jpg
    20230729_091407.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
Maybe because my BF90 Honda uses the same engine out of the Honda Civic rated for up to E15 but I have never had a single issue in 24 years running regular ethanol gas. I also do all my trolling, a zillion hours with it lol, but I do use Seafoam and K100 on occasion but not on every fill up.

I also have a BF90 Honda which is a 2005 always burn Petro Canada regular gas never a problem about every 3rd tank which is 5 gallons I put about 2 ounces of seafoam and my Honda purrs like a kitten try it you'll love it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks