Front lawn morels

bkerr

My son found these beauties on the front lawn while cutting the grass. The morels, that is.
The shiitake mushrooms are the first two harvested from the 100 plus logs placed in the trees along our laneway. Hoping for a bumper crop to peddle around the local farmers markets.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70
An old guy told me to take a baseball bat and thump each log as it will stimulate growth.
I've seen that on some internet sources as well. One issue with that, is when the bark is damaged it allows other undesirable fungi in and promotes rot. Once the bark starts coming off the log is basically done. I was thinking a whack on the end with a ball peen hammer....

Interesting. Are you using oak logs? Where did you get your spores?
I picked these logs up from an operator that has closed the business. There is company near Stratford that produces spawn. I am in the process of my first order with them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks