Fri Bluffs Bar...

trevdog74

Was out Friday fishing the bar area. Beautiful day out but fishing was slow for us. Tried casting for Pike most of the time then trolled along the weed edge in 17-20 ft of water with no luck. Does anyone have much luck for Pike this time of year out there?
Also noticed schools of larger fish jumping around the thicker shallower weed areas inside the bar. Would these be carp/Gar Pike? Curious on your opinions...

Last edited:
Was out Friday fishing the bar area. Beautiful day out but fishing was slow for us. Tried casting for Pike most of the time then trolled along the weed edge in 17-20 ft of water with no luck. Does anyone have much luck for Pike this time of year out there?
Also noticed schools of larger fish jumping around the thicker shallower weed areas inside the bar. Would these be carp/Gar Pike? Curious on your opinions...
I was out there on Friday midday also and it was a beauty. I was trolling the same depth with F18’s and landed a nice 32” pike within a couple minutes. It ended up doing the death roll in the net and ripping out the rear treble. I normally do well throughout the summer trolling there. Bigger pike in the spring since the bigguns optimal water temp is low to mid 60’s

I saw the fish hitting the surface as well, they were gar from the one I saw. Fortunate to catch one trolling a couple years ago! Cheers

Thanks for the replies...
I assumed they might be Gar Pike.
I have seen them out there on multiple occasions porpoising on calm days but that's the first time I've seen them actually breaking the surface and splashing.
Only in the shallow weed areas too

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks