Freezing Temps. coming !

Old Cut LongPointer

Just checked the weather reports, looks like some minus temperatures coming for Friday and Saturday. Should freeze up the inner marsh. Don't forget to drain the water out of your outboard motor !

Hello OCLP,

No way ... the water temperature is not cold enough to freeze yet but the cold snap coming this week may set things up for the next cold snap to cause some freezing.

Still seeing lots of birds in the inner bay ... I have been doing some diver hunting (Redheads, Buffleheads and Ruddy Ducks) but I may try the Crown Marsh again next week.

Jerome

We might see the flooded pot holes that have collected in the fields freeze up in the mornings. Which is a good thing for water hunters I guess.

I was on the big water shoreline this morning. Black ducks.... almost aggravating (but nice to watch). Groups from 5 to over a dozen decoying in. I shot my 1 early. Scanning for greenheads in each flock, but not a one. Took a couple bills and finished off with buffies.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks