Fraser river B.C.

pikehunter

Anyone been sturgeon fishing on the Fraser river? We are heading to Abbotsford Sept 23 with Fraser fishing adventures.

No I have not but there’s been some talk on the inter-webs about a world record just caught there

Ya I go every few years. It really is a blast and alot different from what we have around here. The times I have been were through Frasier River Lodge. Accomadations and fishing were always top notch. I've always gone late Oct and through Nov and also had fun salmon fishing. My favourite trip we float fished salmon a few hours in morning each day and caught chums galore, a few coho, and sockeye. Than used fresh skein from the fish as sturgeon bait. A good guide there won't have too much trouble putting you on fish. If salmon arent thick eel or pinfish are a popular bait and I have caught some on those too. Scenery is worth the trip alone...

There are sooo many great places to go along the Fraser, it's impossible to choose a favorite. Duncanby Lodge is one of my personal favs and ya Steelee, the scenery...

Ya I go every few years. It really is a blast and alot different from what we have around here. The times I have been were through Frasier River Lodge. Accomadations and fishing were always top notch. I've always gone late Oct and through Nov and also had fun salmon fishing. My favourite trip we float fished salmon a few hours in morning each day and caught chums galore, a few coho, and sockeye. Than used fresh skein from the fish as sturgeon bait. A good guide there won't have too much trouble putting you on fish. If salmon arent thick eel or pinfish are a popular bait and I have caught some on those too. Scenery is worth the trip alone...
Thanks for the reply!

Just got back from out there. Talking to a lot of the locals the further up the river the better. Like 200-300 km’s up seem to have better numbers. They said it’s still possible to have double digit fish days close to Vancouver but a lot of 5-7 footers with a monster being around 9 feet. They all said the true giants are a long ways up stream

My daughter was fishing there last Monday, they landed a few, fought a monster for an hour and a half only to have it breach and throw the hook!

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 30
I have an invite from a cousin to head out West and do this among other species.

Making it a little more difficult to decline/postpone. LOL

Told me it does not feel like a traditional fish...more like a knight in armor. You need a partner when fighting a monster...take turns.

BC is one of the few places I didn't get to fish often when I lived out west, and when I did, I usually got skunked. That said, I was in BC a lot (weekly) driving truck and many times saw people fishing the Fraser River in the Prince George area and always wished I had the time to stop and try my luck. (also saw some serious ice jams there, wasn't pretty) Also saw lots of people fishing the Thompson River in the Kamloops area and yeah, if you've never been out west to see the scenery, (the mountains) in person, tv and photos truly don't do them justice.

I say the same thing about seeing the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights.) Pictures and tv don't do them justice. Seeing them here (when we can) is one thing, and they're ok, but seeing them in the NWT from some frozen lake out in the middle of nowhere, that's something entirely different and an experience you'll never forget. There's an entire tourist industry that caters specifically to those who want to have that experience. Many Japanese people will spend a lifetime saving the money, just to come to the NWT to have that experience (apparently, they can't see the northern lights in Japan because of the light pollution)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks