for those that use a trolling bag(s)

smokey1

OK, i have a question for those that use trolling bag or 2.

I found with the 10 to 12 knot wind we were having yesterday i found it quite difficult to control the tension on my pair of boards while going into the waves, since my boat sits out of the water the wind catches it and propels me slightly sideways making my now downwind board very slack at times. I ran the boards a bit closer to the boat and this seemed to help slightly.

perhaps a single trolling bag on the upwind side of my boat would help keep me straighter and maintain a consistant pull to both boards, or a pair to yank the nose down from wandering around.

Not an issue while going with the waves so maybe i have to run way out further and just troll in one direction when its choppy like that.
Hard to work a productive area without being able to turn around and run it over and over pulling everything together.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Do you notice a difference trolling with the wind across your port side? Trolling with the wind to starboard will amplify the prop walk effect and you'll skid across the lake instead of running straight.

Trolling big water, I've started running with my minn kota electric on the bow and kicker at the same time. The kicker provides the power, and the Terrova with auto pilot keeps me on course. It makes turning into the wind a breeze. :)

persoanlly i found against the wind to be the issue as my boat would skid or push to starboard and then with the wind coming slightly across my port my starboard board would be very diff to control.

Going with the wind and waves it was much easier

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks