FLY IN

kegman

I am going on a fly in July and just wondering is it better to pack on large duffle bag (only going three nights) or a bunch of smaller ones there is four of us. I am taking wife and kids, I know crazy.

Easier to balance a plane if the weight can be distributed. A bunch of smallers ones is what I would suggest.

I went fly in fishing a few years back and paid a ton extra for going over weight. My recommendation is to minimize all your gear as much as possible

Find out what your weight restriction is and pack accordingly.
The last fly-in I did with a group of six; some of the guys were pissed that they couldn't take everything they brought. With all of us, gear and food, on the scale; we ended up swapping out different things, until we were just below the max weight, that this twin Beaver could safely carry.
Remember a case of 24 cans of beer, weighs 5 lbs less then in bottles. LOL

Dan.

Any suggestions on a nice, and affordable fly in Northern Ontario?

Hawk Air out of Wawa is pretty affordable and have many lakes to choose from, have used them three times now without a complaint, 400-500 walleyes caught each week we were in. Nice camps and equipment.
Regards
KJ

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks