Fly in fishing trip

Bay_Fishing

Trying to plan a fly in trip with my family. Looking for any advice on places info or your experiences from you trips. Thanks

www.walleye.ca Mattice Lake Outfitters, they run a first class operation and the fishing and accomodations are amazing. I have been on 6 fly ins now with them and would highly recommend them.

Thanks guys for the all the info you have put out so far. I will be looking into all these just to start pointing me in a direction lol the Cochrane air brochure is what got this planing going was left on the table for the wife to find then a million question came out of no where all positive. She likes the that there not a lodge with a bunch of people around she wants to be secluded. Mike Kunkel what lakes have you been to thru Cochrane air if you don't mind sharing. Thanks again

if your looking for pickerel and pike i spent a week with snake falls fly in service and can say i was looking forward to the fish not biting i caught a min of 3 to 400 fish that week.all release but a few meals for the week. rob and nancy rowe great hosts clen and comfortable .

I have been going up to Nakina and flying out with Twin Lake Outfitters for the last 20 years and have never been disappointed. The fishing has been nothing but excellent with catches of 200+ fish a day on certain lakes. Chad runs a smooth operation with Nakina Air Service. There are a number of lakes to choose from and you are the only people on the lake. We go to Lake Abasagami in June every year, we have our own cabin that sleeps up to 12 people in a secluded bay with great fishing just feet from the dock. I would recommend this outfitter for family vacation as I have taken my son up there on a numerous of occasions and he is still coming with us as an adult.

Air Ivanhoe is another option, ive never used the service but I did work at a lodge in the same area this outfitter flys and can tell you there will be no lack of fish.

Hey Bay_Fishing, My wife and I have been with Air Ivanhoe 6 times over the last while. We have never done a Fly-in with them but have done the Boat-in trip every time. That is a "poor man's" version of a Fly-in. It has the seclusion of a Fly-in without the cost. George and Jeanne Theriault and their son Joel run the place and are first class people. www.airivanhoe.com is their website check them out. They have a lot of Fly-in lakes to choose from with multiple species. Quite reasonable too.

I second the Nakina trip. World class walleye fishing. I lived up that area for 20 plus years in Manitouwadge. God's country. Heard nothing but good things with twin rivers.

Thanks guys for all the tips and info. My head is spinning so many choices and places to choose from. I have been reading lots still haven't made a choice yet and will be awhile probably . I appreciate all your help

As whatsthepoint has said Mike Borger is probably the most knowledgeable person I can think of regarding "dream" trips.

Yes I was thinking of contacting him as it not just a guys trip I'm planing it's my family . I just want to be secluded and catch a lot of fish lol

Hey Bay_Fishing, My wife and I have been with Air Ivanhoe 6 times over the last while. We have never done a Fly-in with them but have done the Boat-in trip every time. That is a "poor man's" version of a Fly-in. It has the seclusion of a Fly-in without the cost. George and Jeanne Theriault and their son Joel run the place and are first class people. www.airivanhoe.com is their website check them out. They have a lot of Fly-in lakes to choose from with multiple species. Quite reasonable too.

I agree with Exo61....... Air Ivanhoe is top notch, we have been going up there for 3 years now and we are going again this year!! Fishing is fantastic and the hospitality and service is top notch. It is family run with 25 fly-in outposts 3 boat-in outposts or stay at the lodge an boat out from there.

Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks