Flu season is here

I agree Extra Virgin with your posted article regarding the good and bad bacteria quote....I used to take probiotic capsules from the health food store....and the inbetweens I eat the plain quality greek yogurt to help replenish the good bacteria into my system...I feel it has definatley helped my IBS and it has gone into remission indefinately...I feel this is a great thing....I picked up this IBS just approximently 4 years ago...

One day a friend who is a a girl came over for a visit and brought me some fresh blueberries...well I had forgot about them for several days as I stashed them in the fridge and then I remembered the blueberries and checked them first and smelled them and they looked ok so I packed them in my drink cooler when I headed out walleye fishin out on erie for mornin of fishin..I ate the blueberries out on the boat in between landing pics..oh yes and junk too..lol....well the blueberries had to be contaminted...shortly after eating all of them I was sick and had blueberries coming out the bottom end in my pail...I food poisoned myself
I know it sounds terrible ...and I was absoulutely in a health crisis 8 to 10 miles off shore bymyself off burwell...well I pulled myself together and did a mach 1 back to the launch and headed right to the emergency hospital in St. Thomas...that event triggered my system to initiate IBS ...I ended up consulting with and under the care and treatment of a Gastroenterolgist at Vic Hospital for this nasty condition. Thankfully after time and healthy choices it has been in remission for about a year. I do believe in replenishing the good bacteria into my system...and your imune system starts right from the gut...

I feel are genetic make up can also makes us prone to different/certain sicknesses and diseases...if your parents had certain health issues you could possibly be at risk with the same or similiar health issues at some point in your life?...I can say I have the very same 2 health conditions my mother had..is that just a coincidence...are blood type is the same?..and we are both assertive fighters...lol

On my world travels on occassion I have been food and water poisoned ...and its not nice... it all comes down to obtaining different types of bacteria into your body...especially foreign...

ok now you can rip apart my english again ...go for it...lol

wow mick
Irritable Bowel Syndrome - my wife works in long term care (has for the past 30 years) and has seen the effects of IBS.
She read your post and agree with you and the way you are managing your eating habits - starting with replenishing Bacteria with Yogurt - she said Greek is an excellent choice lol.
Those with IBS should stay clear of junk foods/spicy junk etc
Good Luck mick - sincerely mean that and all the best with the upcoming Christmas season and New Year

I think as a health care professional there are two ways of looking at immunization
The first is individual immunity or do I get the vac so I don't get sick
The second and from a public health perspective is do i get the vac so the greater community doesn't get sick
Large scale vaccination programs like influenza are more to prevent community outbreaks or in worst case scenarios a pandemic outbreak. Look up the influenza outbreaks of 1918, 1957' , 1968, 2009 Millions of people died and without flu vacs we would likely experience a lot more of these outbreaks.
The vacs don't weaken your immune systems or compromise your ability to fight infection. It's really the opposite...it introduces antibodies to combat the virus.
If you experience side effects from the vac they will be far less that the experience of influenza . If you doubt the severity of flu symptoms just call Mick

Weird thread, just had a beer and read this whole thing. I hope everyone stays healthy enough this year for some ice fishing stories!

There is no right or wrong answers in keeping yourself healthy, plenty of discord within the medical community. Plenty of BS with natural remedies and the sort. Lots of crazy disinformation online. I'm sure there are religions that still attribute sickness to sin and that kind of things too.

I never disregard my own observations, but I do listen to others in order to challenge my own thinking.

It's funny in the world of information we live in there certainly seems to be a lot of varying observations.

Praying for ice now, if anything will boost my immune system it will be roughing it out in the cold getting some fresh air dragging my gear out while everyone is still sleeping.

ya Dmanwithnonam...its a thread I started ...and this thread just does not set well with me.. wish I could just delete the entire thing...my intention was just to give our members a heads up on a threatning flu that has caused some real havoc to me and around our community...so i expressed it could ruin your outdoor activity schedule...well it sure set mine back...I had missed out on 2 excellent outdoor activity oppurtunities I was about to do and ended up a huge miss...and bummed me right out and bissed me right off as i had gotten nasty sick...and thats all i meant to express in my first post...beware the flu might screw you...like it did me...you never can get that lost oppurtunity back...but i am going to a double take going foward to try and make up for it..lol..but thats the way my life has been boom and bust...lol

so thats it for me with the flu!!!!! OH YA moved forward right back to gettin on my wow moment agenda....YA back on trac and now doing what is going to make me super happy...and it better be good...lol ....ya like an Africa safari hunt in the works... I been researching that for quit a while now how to prepare and pack up and take and that also includes....it is highly reccommended getting immunized with shots traveling through parts of southern Africa..the good part is gettin a book of game seals..lol...or i get on my Pacific billfishin for January...but thats gettin a bit old and there gettin tiring to land...lol..I switched up last Jan. and high speed trolled the carribean for the incredible and receptive wahoo ..oh ya and a wack of other medium game fish that fight & taste great.. .i want to kick it up a big notch into something super new...like i want power house high 5s right now...lol

Whats new and exciting for your Happy New Year...

Last edited:
Kick ass mick! All I have to do this winter is work and shovel snow. If I get lucky enough the lakes will freeze so I can run away from my married adult life for a couple days and drink on the ice. I mean fish.. actually I want to try for lake simcoe Lakers this year.

Spring I may be going into Algonquin park at ice out for brook trout in the interior.

I don't really think that starting this thread was bad, just some odd reactions to it IMO.

What part of Africa are you considering heading to? If you think the flu is bad I heard that Ebola is a bitch lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks