Fishing this evening

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Forecast has shifted for the winds to be out of the east this evening, but still light wind. What’s the wave conditions going to be like?
Im Guessing be rough but still fishable.

I’m hoping to launch from Stanley by 5pm

Forecast has shifted for the winds to be out of the east this evening, but still light wind. What’s the wave conditions going to be like?
Im Guessing be rough but still fishable.

I’m hoping to launch from Stanley by 5pm
If what I'm looking at is accurate, the winds are blowing out of the north or north east right now and are going to steadily decrease and be almost calm by 5pm, and won't pick up again until 11pm and will then be out of the north tomorrow. It should be a nice ride tonight if you get out, and if you do, good luck.

Winds will be light by 5pm and the wave height forecast is 2.3 ft. out in 65 fow off Stanley.
I’m hoping that forecast is off by about at least .6ft 🤞
Winds suppose to be so light but that darn East wind

Winds will be light by 5pm and the wave height forecast is 2.3 ft. out in 65 fow off Stanley.
Hey when you say 2.3ft out in 65 you mean that’s what buoy is predicted to read or half that?

Hey when you say 2.3ft out in 65 you mean that’s what buoy is predicted to read or half that?
Ha sorry Derk it was early for me. I thought the forecast said .7 meter which would be 2.3 ft. but it was actually .7 ft. I misread. Did you get out tonight?

Ha sorry Derk it was early for me. I thought the forecast said .7 meter which would be 2.3 ft. but it was actually .7 ft. I misread. Did you get out tonight?
Yah I went out, it flattened right out for us,
We got into some action pretty quick got 4 in the boat lost a few was a good evening

Attachments

• 8F832563-8A3B-4AC9-BDF3-75C57FE4D6AE.jpeg
    8F832563-8A3B-4AC9-BDF3-75C57FE4D6AE.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 39
congrats Derkd on the catch ..hey just wondered if you got downriggers on your new boat..

Lake was flat last night. we were a couple short of a 4 man limit with 1 bow. all fish were deep 65-68 fow and right tight to bottm. very few junk fish but did get into a few very small walleye like 12" that were released.
What worked the best for you? We had trouble getting them to bite or we weren't deep enough. We marked lots of fish on the bottom also. Dipsy on 2 setting back 170ft finally worked and 10 color got a couple

congrats Derkd on the catch ..hey just wondered if you got downriggers on your new boat..
I don’t have Downriggers on the new boat.
But I think they would have come in handy last night to boat a few more fish!

What worked the best for you? We had trouble getting them to bite or we weren't deep enough. We marked lots of fish on the bottom also. Dipsy on 2 setting back 170ft finally worked and 10 color got a couple
We used only dipsys last night, got a couple on 0 setting 175ft
Right on the bottom
3 setting 150ft got two aswell and lost a few on that setting as well
Seemed finicky wish I had riggers to get them right on the bottom.

absolutely riggers are a must have..you could mount a pair of manuals fairly inexpensive...I recommend dual rod holders..
last season it was all riggers & sliders for us..
some seasons masses of spiny fleas can be a pain & nfg for riggers..
we ran into um off erieau & wheatly a couple trips august where leadcore was best method thru the fleas...
if you continue to fish erie..riggers will produce and pay off..

also the quickest way of getting deep..nothin better then a bouncing knock off..other then a screamer chromer..riggers offer great sport and a lot of fun..
Iam runnin 14 lb gamma on my 2 new tekotas on light taloras off the riggers..and there broke in nicely...

Last edited:
hey Derkd I got 2 micro leadcore setups 12 colour that reaches 60 ft
on a size 30D okuma...ya with variable trolling speed

try runnin your 20 ft crankbaits on 10 colour and get down there too...
old school dragging a cannon ball in the mud can be a sure fire method to catch bottom pickeral
our biggest pickeral last season was stanley come right off bottom...

hey Derkd I got 2 micro leadcore setups 12 colour that reaches 60 ft
on a size 30D okuma...ya with variable trolling speed

try runnin your 20 ft crankbaits on 10 colour and get down there too...
old school dragging a cannon ball in the mud can be a sure fire method to catch bottom pickeral
our biggest pickeral last season was stanley come right off bottom...
Awesome, yah I was considering changing my leadcore setups a bit. Want more colours
And read about tying braid between some colours so you can run the planer boards on different colours if need be.
I can’t buy 8 different setups to tie different amount of lead for each setup

steve at lambeth will spool you up with quality leadcore...out by myself runnin 2 micro colour flatlines one off each side worked really well and you set that hook...forget the boards...the micro is lighter and easy to work with..back off the trolling speed a bit and most of the pickeral stay deep right to the boat..ya there is some sport...and less water skiing..

Back