Fishing in Ayr

Lizzy_911_

Is anyone willing to share any info on fishing in or around Ayr, Ontario.
A friend just moved there, and we are taking about doing a little fishing.
Thanks for any help.

On that note guys fish near the bridge on Oxford county road 4 in the pittock conservation area. It's not to far from ayr just south of innerkip. I don't know what they catch but they do catch stuff.

I fish along there once or twice a week after work there are lots of carp in there but you do get large/smallmouth and pike as well.
Tight lines

Put your old shoes on and walk the Nith. Smallies, pike, rockies and the odd suprise rainbow in the fall. Go on google earth see if you can find holes. Horner creek has browns but not fun to fish.

Put your old shoes on and walk the Nith. Smallies, pike, rockies and the odd suprise rainbow in the fall. Go on google earth see if you can find holes. Horner creek has browns but not fun to fish.
Done that way back in '76-'78 when I worked in Breslau@ G&A Masonary. I stopped on the 401 shoulder and walked in. Dirt median, 2 lanes and a 70 MPH speed limit. You could not do that now. Changes

Thanks for the replies guys!
Sounds like we will be doing a little wading in te Nith river!
Thanks again!

My son fishes the Nith a lot, New Hamburg area. Lots of nice Smallies. Lots of unproductive water as well. As was said, find the deeper spots and fish holding structure. Kayak's a good way to go.Resized_20170923_170827.jpegIMG_20170904_1756221.jpg
There are a ton of crayfish in the Nith, football jigs with a craw trailer, texas rigged craws, stand up jigs, something weedless, snagless is good. Not much fishing pressure and fish are generally aggressive.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks