Fishing @Hastings

bigdog

Does anyone run from Port Bruce to Hastings to fish for perch or does everyone leave from Burwell?

How much further is it to launch from Port Bruce?

Thanks.
BD.

The first rule about Hastings club is there is no Hastings club.... kidding kinda

It's far enough to go from burwell, if your lucky maybe you can find somewhere to launch closer

It's a long way back to burwell if it gets rough, you may not appreciate that now but Port Bruce is further away.

I see no advantage to launching at Bruce if you are trying to go to Hastings.

It's an easy 10 miles further from Bruce. On a picture perfect day, no worries . But like @Dmanwithnoname says, and I'm sure you know as well, Erie can change fast, and the extra 10-12 miles may not be worth the hassle. I thinks it like 18 miles from Burwell to Hastings. So tack on 12 miles more.... that's 30 miles. For a lot of boats, on a calm as glass day, that's an hour each way. If it gets choppy, double that, and if it gets rough........

It's an easy 10 miles further from Bruce. On a picture perfect day, no worries . But like @Dmanwithnoname says, and I'm sure you know as well, Erie can change fast, and the extra 10-12 miles may not be worth the hassle. I thinks it like 18 miles from Burwell to Hastings. So tack on 12 miles more.... that's 30 miles. For a lot of boats, on a calm as glass day, that's an hour each way. If it gets choppy, double that, and if it gets rough........
Thanks for your replies, I should have know it is along ride, not to mention heavy seas. 30 miles hmmm!
Bd.

My son and I went there 3 years ago on father's day weekend from Burwell. Little bit of a chop. By the time we got the anchor to hold with 200 ft. of rope the waves were coming over the bow of my magnum 190. But we were on the fish. Got our 100 and pulled anchor. Took us 2 and three quarter hours to get back on and off the gas all the way back. Not gonna do that again.

@bigdog up on the task bar you can click on Maps. @stomp has added an interactive map that will measure distance and marine charts (Navionics) and other useful tools. Its great to use when sitting at home and your wondering where to try a different area. Saves a lot of time searching and more time for fishing.

Just for the fun of it, I plotted a distance course from Old Cut to the Lighthouse and back to the perch grounds off of Hastings which is approx. 73 km one way. I have done this a few times only knowing that the water conditions were going to be favourable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks