Fishing at the Elbow

Ken Rotchill

We fished the Elbow to-day & it was great. Water was flat. We fished in 65 to 100 feet of water. Caught three nice eyes all about 10 lbs each & one nice fat bow about 5 lbs. The eyes were caught using lead core out seven colours in 97 feet of water & all on blue & silver hot lips. The bow was caught on rigger down 50 feet in 80 feet of water on orange & silver NK. Nothing caught on the boards to-day.

Impressive Ken, thanks for sharing. I am envious. Unfortunately I had to work today so could not take advantage of the water and weather conditions today. I've got he itch to get out there; however, looks like I may have to wait until Monday according to the forecast. It has already been two weeks. I will share my results if any when I get out there.

What direction did you troll?

Cheers

10-7

fished elbow from 9-3 , 60-90 fow. 3 eyes 7-8#,1 bow 11.5#.lost 1.:oops: wierd day, bow, came on board with greasy chicken, 2 eyes on rigger with blue berry muffin, 1 on dipsey blue and silver.4 me looks like the bows & eyes played a little game of switchums today..
Ken called a couple times.not sure how well my vhf works.I have had range issues before. someday when I have nothing better to do ill have to work it out.
Roy and I r goin out sat early before it gets lumpy. let ya know how we do.
Dave

Impressive Ken, thanks for sharing. I am envious. Unfortunately I had to work today so could not take advantage of the water and weather conditions today. I've got he itch to get out there; however, looks like I may have to wait until Monday according to the forecast. It has already been two weeks. I will share my results if any when I get out there.

What direction did you troll?

Cheers

10-7
We tried all directions but did best trolling North

Ken finally got Roy off Harley after 10 yrs. It was a bumpy day Sat. Managed 1 eye today. 31" though. caught on 1 of Roys ole favs. 6" purple and black split rapala 30' down.No bows .Overcast windy day maybe should have switched things up from Friday a bit more. still a great fishin not workin !!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks