Fish Sanctuary

Doral Tara

...got a question about the fish sanctuary..the way I read the Regs, its east of EC10,...so its ok to fish the western Inner Bay??

It is further west of EC10. They put out marker bouys that indicate no fishing. Stay west of them.

Good Luck

It is further west of EC10. They put out marker bouys that indicate no fishing. Stay west of them.

Good Luck
Thanks Keeper...I sold my boat about 8 years ago, bought another one 4 years ago but kept it in Mitchell's Bay...now moved it back to Long Point..forgot about those marker buoys..guess my memory isn't what it used to be..

I read in OFHA magazine that the Ministry is no longer placing bouys out to mark sanctuaries. Not sure if that include Long Point Bay but just a heads up in case they don't.

Why would they put the markers up, when it hasnt started yet?

So the fish know where to go....:). Actually, it says on R&R Outdoors post that the ministry won't be putting the markers out this year, I guess Kathleen needs the money to pay for cancelled gas plant contracts or more windmills instead.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks