Fish Sanctuary

Been fishing the bay since before the sanctuary, the creation was and still is a great idea. Every year I have made a habit of watching for anglers inside the boundary and when I pass by stopping and in a friendly and courteous manner explaining the boundaries and violations. I never had anyone become belligerent with me up until the last two years. Last year was particularly bad, when I was cursed out in front of my wife for trying to help save a fine.

This year I am waving and carrying on, let MNR deal with it.

Don't give up Lonestranger.. if you came out to me and informed me I would be overly thankful. We will always run into people like that. Keep doing it because who you are '' A good person ''

Absolutely, don't give up. It's up to us to make would be poachers aware that sanctuary means no fishing. I too have not been cussed out yet but there will likely be a time it will happen. I think if it does , I will just take note of their reg number and report them. Not that anything will come of it but it's worth a shot. It would be nice to see more NMR out there but it doesn't seem to happen.

I'm told there is a new stranger in town (MNR) who is not too tolerant of wrongdoings.

Hi Guys. Just got my first boat and was wanting to take daughter out on the bay but wondering is sanctuary marked off or is it a guessing game?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks