Fish Port Bruce

Ken Rotchill

Made it out Fri. July 5th Fished for perch 8 stops at diferent depths 0 fish. Started trolling for pics got 2 man limit half of the pics were caught off downriggers and the other half useing lead core. Missed a big bow spit the hook on it's 3rd jump. Also caught a big silver bass. Ripplin Red Fins black & silver, gold orange worked best. 25 to 30 feet down in 45 to 55 feet of water. To those of you that think downriggers are no good. I have had Big John riggers on my last 4 boats and would not have a fishing boat without them. Learn how to use them and you will catch a lot of fish.

I like my walkers but have had no luck this year. Long or short leads?
The time I tried this year had short leads with spoon. Maybe I need to put some of my ripplin redfins on.

I will sometimes run up to 80-100' off the riggers. Long ways, but can be effective. If you're going through big schools or big clouds of bait, drop the cannon ball to the bottom (almost) and release the line...let it drift up through the bait...and hang on cause Ive just about had the rod ripped out of my hand!!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks