fish finders what to look for

skinny

ok so I would like save up to get a new one in spring
currently have a hummingbird wide view it came on my boat and is ok but there is lots to be desired also
I know I would like gps for trolling but not sure what else
I may have to buy second hand in order to get the options in the price range I'm thinking under 1000.00 all in

anyway let me know what thoughts are out there
I know go see Monty but looking for other ideas to

I bought the lowrance elite 5 hdi works great for trolling or perch fishing . comes with sonar GPS and down scan . bought it in Woodstock for under 600$. Gotta say what a good buy.

I had a Lowrance HDS 7 with down imaging for a while before i sold it with my boat. They sometimes have rebates on them and Monty or Josh will set it up for you . I paid around $800 for mine but i am told there will be a rebate of $100 that i can mail in for as long as i dont register the unit until the rebate comes out. Great unit!!! Also you don t need a chip if you only run the great lakes

ive been looking at a lot recently cause i want to get away from Garmin, the Lowrance hds8 gen 2 , is where i am going as it does alot more than the 7. with the advancement of technology being so fast . you can spend your life waiting for the next big thing weekly. the hds8 also is compatible with the new Lowrance autopilot, which an awesome toy that's for sure . so my vote goes for Lowrance

Go see Jos at Angling Outfitters, Lowrance is the ONLY way to go. Ask Chef why he is looking at an HDS8:whistle:

My new boat came with the HDS8 and it is way better then the 7 but isnt going to be in your budget ..I think they start at $1250 ish and up

1. There are some good deals on used HDS8s but if you go that route be sure you buy the HDS8 Gen 2, it will run programs that the gen 1 wont.

the hds8 gen2 also is compatible with the new Lowrance autopilot, which an awesome toy that's for sure . so my vote goes for Lowrance

I would vote for lowrance also ,mind you i've never had a humminbird but im sure there all quite equal, but just remember if you have inboard outboard the autopilot is not the deal sealer as i understand this set up is just for outboard motors.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks