Fish finder question

Bentrod

Question for those more experienced than me... Last Saturday went looking for perch in front of Clear Creek and found about 15 Jumbos :)) in 30fow. During the 4 hours the fish finder was lit up like this. What could that have been? And it was moving, it was not stationary. Thanks!

Edit: @Bentrod... I pulled done your image and re-uploaded with the new site settings... picture is now much smaller.

Attachments

• 86B04BDB-67F9-4B01-813C-16BB394CF487.jpeg
    86B04BDB-67F9-4B01-813C-16BB394CF487.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 186
  • 86B04BDB-67F9-4B01-813C-16BB394CF487.jpeg
    86B04BDB-67F9-4B01-813C-16BB394CF487.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
I was seeing the same thing in that area. I'm glad you posted this question. Although I'm not certain i believe it is probably bait fish like smelt. Hope someone else has a for sure answer.

How high was you Sensitivity set? Or how high was your Gain set?

Leaning towards big rods guess... sensitivity might be high and you are seeing the thermocline.

Sensivity was exactly as Josh at Angling Outfitters set it 2 years ago :). If it was a net, must have been really lucky. If it was smelt, next time I will get a small net, at least Try it. I like to think it was all perch and my skills need improvement. Hopefully they will be there for one more outing.

Those are fish....of some sort I think, becasue your not moving and they appear as lines. It could possibly be the thermocline, try adjusting your sensittivity a little lower and see if they are still there.

Honestly just because Josh set up your graph at his shop doesn't mean its good to go on the water. I took mine to him because I had a fogging issue a couple years ago he hooked it up and he changed all the settings. Was brutal out on the water and I had to do a factory default and then adjust it to my liking of overlays, sensitivity and colour lines.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks