fish batter like to try new stuff

skinny

doing a fry here today (no your not invited)
but always like to try new stuff
cooking perch and walleye today

my old stand by is
pancake mix
then egg/ milk mix
and into panko bread crumbs

anyone got others to share or have a clone of erie beach batter

1.5 cups of flour
1tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
2tbsp vinegar
1.5 cups of water

Here's one for the walleye. Cut into 1"x1"x1" cubes and wrap with 1/2 strip of thin cut bacon. Slide on to a kabob stick and season with your favourite roasted garlic shaker. BBQ until bacon is cooked. I usually do 60 or 70 "walleye poppers" and they don't last long.
Doug

This is my favourite if you like your batter deliciously golden brown & crispy.:)

Golden Crispy Fish Batter

1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup water

Mix dry ingredients together first to distribute evenly. Add wet ingredients & wire whisk until smooth.
Coat fish fillets & deep fry in oil at 375 F for approx. 4-5 minuets until golden brown.
Also great on shrimp.

This is my favourite if you like your batter deliciously golden brown & crispy.:)

Golden Crispy Fish Batter

1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup water

Mix dry ingredients together first to distribute evenly. Add wet ingredients & wire whisk until smooth.
Coat fish fillets & deep fry in oil at 375 F for approx. 4-5 minuets until golden brown.
Also great on shrimp.
sounds great----got a fish fry coming up and I've been wanting to tweak the batter I've been using----nothing wrong with it, just wanted to try for a crispier coating

soak the fillets in milk
then in a milk and egg mixture
into a mixture of half and half cornmeal and flour with a bit of paprika and garlic powder
panfried in grape seed oil
nice and crunchy
Any way you do it , enjoy.

I just use pancake batter.. the kind you just add water to. I'll add a bit of garlic powder to it then substitute the water for Labatt's Genuine Draft or Guiness Stout Dark Ale.

Oh ya use beer instead of water and for pickerel use beer batter from same . Fast easy and good

milk and eggs beat together, dip fish in that, then coat with bread crumbs. It does'nt get any simpler or better.

i used lime and pepper tostitos earlier this summer....pounded to crumbs....once years ago, i used smoky bacon potato chip crumbs

if you like deep fried all i ever use is pastry floor is in a red and white bag,it makes better batter . i use 1 cup a pinch of salt about the same amount of baking soda and add beer not water until its the thickness you prefer

I just use pancake batter.. the kind you just add water to. I'll add a bit of garlic powder to it then substitute the water for Labatt's Genuine Draft or Guiness Stout Dark Ale.

I use the same except I use lemon pepper spice instead of garlic powder. For a little spice grind up some black pepper to taste. Note this is a "fluffy" batter. The bread crumb types make a thinner crispier coating. TC

Hmmmm beer batter perch or eyes (we need a drooling smiley);) I use tampura batter mix, now i do add a few spices such as fresh Garlic (NOT powder or salt) crushed chillies Fresh parsley chopped fine ......mix dry ingredients together then add a frozen beer (beer slushy) to the mix add slowly and mix to an even stiff batter, i then place said batter in the freezer to thicken ......i heat oil (your choice) to 400 as the heat drops quickly when you drop Cold coated battered fish into HOT oil Hmmmm thin crispy batter

Eyes i love done like above poster stated cubed wrapped in bacon with a splash of bbq sause or Franks HOT sause (puts that SHIT) on everythang TOO :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks