FISH-A-THON

Bass Tracker

Don't forget that the fish-a-thon for a cure is coming up. July 27th this year at Deer Creek. It is a great event, that raises a boat load of money to help fight cancer!!! go check out the web site www.fish-a-thon.com. Come out and have a great time, there is a lot for the kids to do too. Or if anyone wants to sponsor me they can PM me. 100 percent of the sponcership money raised goes to fight cancer.

Thanks a bunch
Bass Tracker

Hey BT!

Thank you so much for posting about the Fish-A-Thon!!! We're gearing up for another awesome year and will be posting a ton of information in the coming week or so. Thank you so much for the ongoing support and we look forward to seeing everybody at Fish-A-Thon for a Cure 2013!

Cheers,
Ryan

What does one do for sponsorship. In a walkathon you would b sponsored for distance. For fishathon would it b certain amount of fish caught in a time period? Or is it a straight up collecting of donation?

Straight up donations. Everyone gets a prize. All the prizes are donated. top prizes for big fish, most money raised ect...

Check out the web site for more info.

I second Ryan's thanks!! Check out the site guys and gals. It's a great time, and, all of us organisers will do our darndest to give you all a good time. Plus the cause is great, pretty much all of us have been touched by cancer in one way or another. Let's kick it's butt!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to be on the BBQ again this year.

Shoot me an addy as I would like to sponsor you

Hey Fish Whisperer!

I haven't been on much as we recently moved, don't have internet where we are staying ( only at the office ) and life has just been crazy living out of boxes and suit cases for my family! haha

As bass tracker said, straight up donations - but that being said it's essentially a set time on the water. Boats show up between 5 and 8 a.m. and fish all day until around 4 pm. Most anglers fish it non-stop but sometimes the little ones need a brake. If you'd like to sponsor one of our participants you can PM a member here and send them a cheque or make a donation using paypal @ www.fish-a-thon.com where you can specify who your sponsorship donation is directed to. Alternatively you can just fire me a PM and I'll make sure somebody pops by your place for a pledge. ( my 6 year old is going door to door again this year ). All monetary donations are eligible for a receipt directly from the Canadian Cancer Society for tax write off's.

Thanks for the support!!!!!

Ryan

Hey guys!

CHECK it out! We have some of the most amazing sponsors of any fishing charity event! One such sponsor is Laurie from Dixie Dairy Bar and Tackle in St. Thomas! She doesn't just donate prizes directly from her store but every year she approaches each of her suppliers for prizes and has gotten some great stuff donated already this year! I managed to nab a few photos of some of the prizes, which are just the tip of the ice burg!

First off, Laurie doesn't just run Dixie, she's a part of St. Thomas Tire and has gotten TOYO TIRES involved!!!! They're donating $500 towards a new set of Toyo Tires which is a HUUUUGE prize and St. Thomas Tire has stepped up to the plate to offer a free install!

toyofinal.jpeg

Laurie always tries to keep the prizes a secret but I managed to get a few photos to show off! haha

She hooked us up with a couple of awesome chains/pendants for top kid prizes...
photo-5.jpeg

Awesome bed set worth over $175.00!!!
blankets.jpg

A handfull of Bug Zappers she got from KTL!
zapper.jpg

A backpack filled with ONE HUNDRED Chocolate Bars from Mars!
Backpack.jpg

She's got Coke involved and donating ALL of the drinks we need for the event!!!

She's also got some stuff that she won't tell me about! More prizes to come from some of our other fantastic sponsors....

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!

A few more prize photos here for you guys!!!

My parents put together top prize awards, 49 tropies for hte kids division, 30+ mugs, some camo gear and more!

15948_551366648239180_349043298_n.jpg

A nice great combo from a great dude, Steve Plaskett @ Lambeth Rod and Tackle!!!

1016847_551377324904779_1820534379_n-1.jpg

Just a small sample of the wicked prize pack in transit courtesy of Handlebarz Musky Lures!!!
996558_551368508238994_243714156_n.jpg

Thanks to Humminbird for jumping on board this year and donating this graph as a prize!

1002474_551367998239045_1730460763_n.jpg

If you were there, you know how much fun was had, if not, there is always next year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks