First Trip of the Year

quackers

Got some good advice and some good minnows from "Mrs Jimmy" at Rotten Ronnies. Have been itching to get the new boat out this year, just picked it up last Wednesday. Was windy but a good day. Ended up fishing shallower than I've fished in the Bay before. Pretty much a non-stop bite while I was there from 10-1:30, used a scoop and a half of minnows, mix fo sizes but kept 35. Got some nice ones on a jiggin rap with a hali dropper I was using as a second line, a carry-over from ice-fishing. They always hit the dropper and once hooked don't usually get off. The chop was enough to keep it jiggin. About 4' of water out from the park, over weeds, bell sinker with 2 #6 true-turns 1' and 2' above bottom, right off the back of the boat, anchored. Only saw one other boat in the distance out by EC-10.

IMG00154-20110510-1407.jpg

IMG00153-20110510-1142.jpg

IMG00155-20110510-1411.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks