First time for everything

That will be more memories than any pike you could’ve caught. I have to ask out of curiosity, did the carp actually hit and bite the spoon or was it an incidental snagging with the spoon?

Last edited:
The trick is to cast just short and let the trailing hook catch the string on the bathing suit.
Are you guys trying to catch Mooneye? Spooning for Mooneye in the bay🤔. Something tells me thats not the first for the bay.

Caught this 20 lb carp off the pier in 2017. It hit a minnow. First time I'd ever had that happen. Also was the first and last time I went fishing on the pier without my landing net. Had to walk it from the end of the pier to the beach and that gentleman behind me helped me land it.

Attachments

• Port Bruce May 10, 2017.jpg
    Port Bruce May 10, 2017.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 27
Ski ? If youre' asking if Ive ever hooked a longpoint waterskier no not yet but you never know.
@HTHM and @pikehunter , I was pulling two of those skiers once on a busy Pottohawk Sunday. One fell off and it took me a while to find him again after the other skier wiped out. When I finally located him bobbing on the surface , you never saw a guy get into a boat so quickly. I guess his mind went to some dark places while waiting for a pickup... I didn't know he had taken a hit of acid before his waterskiing "trip".

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks