First Smoker Attempt...Beef & Goose

Surfnturf

While I always prided myself as a master on the BBQ, experimenting with a smoke box got me looking to expand.

After lot of research and deliberation between a pellet grill and an offset smoker, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an offset smoker last week.

I wanted to do a brisket however had a tough time finding one, so pulled out a short rib roast I had in the freezer along with a couple goose breasts from the fall, that were a second thought just for an experiment.

Ten hours later and an hours rest, dinner ready!

The short rib roast was delicious and surprising so was the goose. Even my wife and daughters thought the goose was delicious (my son would eat a bbq'd groundhog but not so much the girls)

Quite a time commitment but worth it, at least until the boat is out of storage.

smoked goose breasts are amazing.
This past season i made jalapeno poppers out of the breasts.
I slice a deep pocket in them, i slice jalapeno long ways , i keep the seeds in for the spice on a rather big piece of meat, i lay the peppers inside the pocket and then stuff as much herb and garlic spread as i can in it. wrap entire breast with bacon and set them on the smoker till the bacon is done.
give it a whirl, very surprising results.

Thats sounds tasty, will have to give that a try. You can never go wrong with throwing bacon in the mix!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks