First Corn... 🌽

we just had our first too, great taste and fully developed kernels, this is a great time of year, we're eating it daily until my pooper tells me to stop.....lol. Were also cook an extra cob and save the kernels to add it to potato salad..delish.

Last edited:
The older we get... :( I can't do bananas, cultivated blueberries or most cuts of pork... I feel for ya...

My dad lived on pork as a kid in Ireland, came to Canada and couldn't eat it here.

Made him seriously ill.

Went back to Ireland as an adult, ate pork without issue, back to Canada, ate pork, sick again.

Possibly the curing process? Dunno. 🌻

Got to drive by the Gunther's farm (#24@#59) and see if he's selling yet ? I clean my cobs up a bit by removing the silk and base stock then nuke them in the husk for 5-7 minutes rotating halfway thru, then let stand to cool as they finish cooking in their own juice. I'm told storing them in ice water keeps them at their best or at least a fridge overnight to keep them fresh.

Youre right old timer, putting them in a frig whether husks on or off while keep the starch from coming out. My neighbor grows super sweet corn and we have been eating this week and real good, expensive thou at $1 a cob. Fertilizer and diesel costs but worth every penny. He picks in the morning and I am eating at 5.

Pichana... ;)
Thanks Jammer!

I just checked the shop where I buy most of my meat, JTK Meats in Ingersoll and they have it. 2.5 lb for $45. Has that thick side of fat on it which I am thinking would be preferable.
You grill yours with fat on?

Thanks Jammer!

I just checked the shop where I buy most of my meat, JTK Meats in Ingersoll and they have it. 2.5 lb for $45. Has that thick side of fat on it which I am thinking would be preferable.
You grill yours with fat on?
Absolutely... I sear it all the way around... When temp hits 120... Cut in half and sear ends... We rarely buy steaks anymore... Pichana and Korean short ribs... ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks