Finishing my north american wild turkey slam

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
In 2012 i was awarded a Walter Latham conservation award by the National wild turkey federation in Nashville Tennessee. As part of the award i was given a Rio grande turkey hunt by one of their sponsors055.jpg 053.jpg in Sonora Texas so i could try to complete my north american slam of wild turkey.During the hunt i became great friends with 3 other award winners the outfitter and NWTF staff.We were allowed to harvest 2 Rios which i did manage to do.This hunt was one of many that i shall remember all my life.Great friends, good food,and an awsome hunt in south Texas.would i go again ? In a heartbeat.

Congrats on you slam, I'm fairly certain there's just a short list of those who have accomplished this.

I wonder how many hunters have a "Canadian" slam? ie an eastern from here and a merriams in the west? Possibly a shorter list?

I'm sure the "Canadian slam" isn't recognized by the NWTF......still fun to chase birds in Canada.

My buddy Doug has done the Canadian slam .It took him to trips to B C to do it he said he got lucky his second trip but is that not the way hunting goes 90 % luck? My wife has also done her north american slam a year sooner than myself:(:)Now just to save up the $$ for those 2 mexican birds.

That's great! I have a few pals from Alberta and BC that have been shooting birds in both provinces for years now.

I'd like to know where one could reference the Canadians who have their slam?

Just got back from a waterfowl trip in McLennan, Alberta. I asked the outfitter about turkey hunting in Alberta and was told by the guides there are lots of turkeys in southwestern Alberta. Only problem is that a turkey call is just as likely to attract a grizzly as it is a turkey ... LOL. Apparently a grizz walking through your set, or up to your blind, is quite common.

possible....my pals from BC never seem to worry about bears. You're allowed to shoot center fire or rim fire for buzzards out there.....can you imagine?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks