FINALY

Helmut

Well finaly hit the fish. Decided to in est in planer board outfit. That was the ticket. Fished out of NEM. Started in 60 ft had both boards out and 2 dipsyies. Had first fish within 10 mins on board. Trolled out to 65 ft and took 6 others and 1 pearch. All pics and pearch ame off the boards 10 colors out. All came off of a silver and black rippling red fin.
I have always believed the issue for us not catching fish was noise from 15 HP kicker. Maybe this confirms it.
Cranking in 10 colors 8 times is a great work out too lol

realling in that colour line sucks, the best way is to leave the pole in the holder and tighten down the drag and crank the fish in, when it gets close just back off on the drag a little and net the fish.

Blastr

Reeling in 10 colors of lead is worse when there is a 10 lb sheephead at the other end . You need to run long leads off of you downriggers . 100 to 200' somedays . I find this year walleye fishing has been harder than last year . With them being out so far there has been few days weather wise for us to get out .I told the wife we need a bigger boat ;) When it is calm we are working:(Hoping for a few more trips out .

Yeah I hear ya about the weather this year. Very windy. I have a 23 foot trophy and anything over 10 kn is too hard on the body. the boat can do it no problem. Guess we humans are the weakest link

Happy you had some good success Helmut. I like the success rate on leadcore but I also hear wdodgetruck regarding hauling in a half mile of it for sheephead. A couple of weeks ago we must have caught over 50 sheep and silver bass mixed with a few wallys. We couldn't keep them off no matter what we did. Sometimes we were getting them on before we could let all 10 colours out which can be extremely annoying when you have to turn around and crank it all the way back in again. They also were hammering the riggers and planer boards as well until I thought my arms were going to drop off. 8D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks