Off Topic Finally got my shit together and set a date.

How much for the boat now that you won't be using it any more? Just kidding best thing I ever did was get married ! Congrats.

Thanks John
Maple and Nova will both be in the wedding 😊
That's awesome having Maple and Nova in there... sounds like it is gonna be a fabulous day.
Still think based on the photo above you could have a couple of lines out into that water during the ceremony. :D:oops:

Enjoy it my friend.... well done.
(I can see it now with Maple all done up in the glitz. Nice!!)

Capture1.JPG

Looks like you are only about an hour or less north of the Kananaskis Park. Well worth the drive and short bush hike there to go and view the man made Mountain Wave created for river surfing. The surfing club has created a few waves of different skill levels along the river.

First, Congrats my friend.

Second, I came from Edmonton to London in 2005 for my sisters wedding. Took 2 and a half days total driving about 16 hours each day. Can EASILY make it from here to Banff in less than 3 days IF you leave here early enough on the 9th provided you have no major delays at the border if you go through the US (Michigan, Indiana/Illinois through Chicago, then up through Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and cross back into Canada just south of Winnipeg, you can cut approx 12 hours off the drive.) you have no breakdowns, and when you get to major cities, you get there after or before the normally considered "rush hour." On the way home to Edmonton after the wedding, but for crossing at Sarnia, and going North up I75 and crossing back into Canada at Sault St Marie, then going up around the north shores of Lake Superior, to Thunder Bay and Kenora, we still made it back to Edmonton in less than 3 days. Banff is closer.

I also drove truck extensively throughout all 4 western provinces, and basically, whether you stay in Canada, or go through the US, in total you can pretty much drive east to west, or west to east across each of Manitoba, Sask, and Alberta in 6 hours per province, but if you do stay in Canada for the most part, ie Michigan to the Soo, it'll take the better part of 2 days just to get out of Ontario, but once you're past Kenora, the highway suddenly gets real flat and becomes a 401 style highway about an hour give or take from the Manitoba border/Winnipeg, and once it does, it pretty much stays that way for the most part, (but for a few sections here and there) through to BC and the Winnipeg bypass (circle road) is a great thing for avoiding the city itself when you don't want to stop there.

Additionally, just as an added FYI, when my dad and I drove from St Thomas (just outside of town on the Fingal road just before Southwold School) to Yellowknife in June of 1986, we left our lane way at 10am on June 20th, and arrived in Yellowknife at what would be 10pm here on June 24th. Here to Banff, once you're on the TransCanada Highway west of Ontario, biggest real issues other than possible construction, or accidents, would be Winnipeg, Regina, and Calgary.

If you've never been to Banff, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT.
Never been to Banff so on top of being excited for the event. We are really excited to see the rest of Canada..
since I will be bringing my own Cannabis I will need to stay within Canadian borders
According to Google maps it’s about 5-6 hours longer of a drive than cutting threw the states.
I was thinking 16hour drives 4 on 4 off 4 on 4off between brother in law and myself
Sleep for 5-6 hours hit the highway again..
I think I could make it
But like you said if anything happens break down for whatever reason or other un for seen delays I could be screwed
So maybe it is more wise to let my mom and step dad drive them up..
but then I’ll have added expense purchasing cannabis from the government haha Hmmm what to do what to do

Never been to Banff so on top of being excited for the event. We are really excited to see the rest of Canada..
since I will be bringing my own Cannabis I will need to stay within Canadian borders
According to Google maps it’s about 5-6 hours longer of a drive than cutting threw the states.
I was thinking 16hour drives 4 on 4 off 4 on 4off between brother in law and myself
I think I could make it
But like you said if anything happens break down for whatever reason or other un for seen delays I could be screwed
but then I’ll have added expense purchasing cannabis from the government haha Hmmm what to do what to do
Ok that made me laugh! How much dope can be shoved ........ you know where. Oh second thought...... future wifey might be upset if you are detained in the usa for a couple years.
Get your mom and step dad haul the boat with pups and your pot 😄

Ok that made me laugh! How much dope can be shoved ........ you know where. Oh second thought...... future wifey might be upset if you are detained in the usa for a couple years.
Get your mom and step dad haul the boat with pups and your pot 😄
I guess I need to sit down and do some math… 10-12hours more driving and fuel costs vrs how much myself and guests will smoke and see if it’s even worth staying within Canadian borders to bring the homegrown, or just buy it from a government store.. I just hate buying from the government since the tax the hell out of it every hand that touches has to pay 💰

I guess I need to sit down and do some math… 10-12hours more driving and fuel costs vrs how much myself and guests will smoke and see if it’s even worth staying within Canadian borders to bring the homegrown, or just buy it from a government store.. I just hate buying from the government since the tax the hell out of it every hand that touches has to pay 💰
I think you’ll have to buy some no matter what. Can only take 30g’s each right? That will be smoked on the way there.

I think I could make it
As long as your vehicle is well maintained, you shouldn't have any issues re breakdowns. I'd make that trip today in our car (granted it's only 4 years old, but I'd have done it with my truck too when I first got it, and it was already 15+ years old then) If you have to stay in Canada, to cut some time I'd head from here up to Tobermory and take the ChiChimaun across to Manitoulin Island and take hwy 6 up to the TransCanada (Hwy 17) . Saves a lot of time instead of having to go to Toronto then up the 400/69 to Sudbury first and during the ferry crossing, you can catch a nap.

Once you get to Banff tho and get some time after the ceremony, aside from the many things to do in Banff itself, I HIGHLY recommend a trip up highway 93 from Banff towards Jasper to the Columbia Ice fields and a trip into Canmore (which you'll drive through on the way to Banff after going through Calgary) and if so inclined, a stop at the Calgary zoo isn't a bad thing either.

I think you’ll have to buy some no matter what. Can only take 30g’s each right? That will be smoked on the way there.
I’ll have to check but I’m pretty sure as a medicinal user I can carry 150grams
But I’ll have to double check that information before I go ahead and pack it up lol

Dude, if you are a regular user, I really don't suggest you cross the border. Were you to be invited into secondary I'm pretty sure they would find some. They have 0 tolerance. That delay would make a few more hours on the road seem like a walk in the park.

Derkd I'm curious, why did you guys choose Banff for your wedding?

Derkd I'm curious, why did you guys choose Banff for your wedding?
Saw the ad on Facebook
Thought it was beautiful been wanting to go there. Originally wanted to go to Jamaica but it fairly expensive. Like 5k per person expensive.
This Banff shotgun wedding price is right and we get to stay in Canada and see more of the country we live in..
and we will go to Jamaica still but when it’s cheap hahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks