Finally, Beef Tenderloin on sale

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
Haven't seen beef tenderloin on sale in forever.. and finally it's on sale starting tomorrow for 10.88 / pound at superstore with limit of 2. They will be going into our freezer in the form of steaks. It's an expensive cut and this price isn't great, but it's better than not on sale and there's no waste.

What else is on sale this week?
Bags of lemons and Limes for 1.98 each at Food Basics
Potatoes are 1.88 at NoFrills (for those of us who don't grow our own and make lots roasted, this is a must have)
Cabbage for .59 / pound at Superstore (coleslaw to go with turkey dinner next weekend)
Celery for .97 at Walmart (for stuffing) and Brussel Sprouts at Walmart for 1.97 / pound (also for turkey dinner)

I don't actually go to all these stores - usually go to No Frills or Superstore and price match.

Thanks for the heads up on the Beef Tenderloin
Asked Slancy grab us one tomorrow 👍

Oh and the not so great price is likely the new norm as an “amazing” price point

Appreciate the head's up @Mrs. Stomp , I'll be taking a pass on this one.

It's back to just The Wife and I.

Our Great Nephew "Dyson" has gone back West so our food needs are minimal again compared to when "The Bottomless Pit", (said with affection) was with us. :oops::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the heads up. Don't forget Prime rib at Metro for$6.99/lb. I finally bought a vacuum sealer a couple months back so I'm going to get a couple and de-bone them leaving a nice strip of meat on the bones to cook low and slow on the BBQ. Then cut and seal my own bnls rib steaks. I'm kinda in the business and I don't think you'll ever see it cheaper then this again.

Last edited:
I picked up 2, left a nice 6 pound roast for Christmas and steaked the rest. Overnight freeze and vac pac tomorrow.

Appreciate the head's up @Mrs. Stomp , I'll be taking a pass on this one.

It's back to just The Wife and I.

Our Great Nephew "Dyson" has gone back West so our food needs are minimal again compared to when "The Bottomless Pit", (said with affection) was with us. :oops::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure Dyson will be missing your cooking and grilling... unless you taught him a few things while he was in your care! We will be down a couple mid next year, but will still have a heavy hitter at the table. ☺️

Thanks for the heads up. Don't forget Prime rib at Metro for$6.99/lb. I finally bought a vacuum sealer a couple months back so I'm going to get a couple and de-bone them leaving a nice strip of meat on the bones to cook low and slow on the BBQ. Then cut and seal my own bnls rib steaks. I'm kinda in the business and I don't think you'll ever see it cheaper then this again.
Thanks for the info... Wasn't going to get one of the prime ribs this time but sounds like I should make the Metro round tomorrow

I'm sure Dyson will be missing your cooking and grilling... unless you taught him a few things while he was in your care! We will be down a couple mid next year, but will still have a heavy hitter at the table. ☺️

He knows he was treated pretty good while he was here. Heard a while back that He was shopping with his mother and was walking down the isles saying, "Auntie Mardie bought these for me and those for me etc etc etc."

His mom replied, "You aren't in Kansas anymore Sunshine. "

Of everything he ate, his biggest request, when he finally got the nerve to speak up, was for chicken wings.

Simply couldn't get enough of them the way I prepared them with Buffalo sauce.

He ate huge amounts of beef and pork so it was funny to hear what he really wanted as a treat.

I found the one's in SS in Simcoe very large and very fatty. I passed.
Old Cow came to mind!
I just cut the one up that we bought.
We picked a smaller one.
Got three steaks two small roasts and some trimmings for the jerky.
I agree tho lots of fat.

I got 2 in Strathroy, one was better than the other. Got 12 meals for 3 including trimmings for stir fry and about 2.5lbs of burger. Yes they were fatty! Hopefully they taste good, did last time I got them!

I just cut the one up that we bought.
We picked a smaller one.
Got three steaks two small roasts and some trimmings for the jerky.
I agree tho lots of fat.
Rather pay a bit more for a smaller more tender steak.
My Daughter's home from attending Veterinary College in Dublin.
She wants my moose steaks!☺😊

Soup and crackers last night, just the dog and I for dinner.

Walleye, mixed veg and salad tonight.

Might be time for Monday night beef.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks