Few days of decent winds?

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The forecast looking decent Thursday to Saturday

I’m hoping to get out, likely the last trips of my season. 🤞

vmuravin

How's that? I just looked at Windy and I don't see any decent forecast... May be a small window around Port Stanley tomorrow? Or perhaps Lake Ontario on Sunday, but this is still 4 days off... I will be happy if it turns out I am misreading it...

Derkd9

How's that? I just looked at Windy and I don't see any decent forecast... May be a small window around Port Stanley tomorrow? Or perhaps Lake Ontario on Sunday, but this is still 4 days off... I will be happy if it turns out I am misreading it...
Yah I wasn’t looking at windy. Just regular old weather network forecast and looking at the winds and wind direction I imagine Thursday evening Friday morning Friday evening and Saturday morning be fishable not perfect flat like glass lake, but fishable! 🤞 since be my last weekend if Port Stanley isn’t good enough I’ll be going somewhere to fish.

out of those days I will only be able to go Thursday evening and Saturday
So the winds better let me on the damn lake

Centerspin

Really notice the enthusiasm drop drastically this month on this forum. Lol
We ve been out from Stanley in 15-16 kmh E/NE winds 2 weeks ago. 2-3 ft waves in 55-65 fow, and it was building up so we packed it after 6 fish for 2 of us before noon. Took long time to get back too - we had a choice of a wet ride or a slow ride and chose the slow one ;)
Not looking forward going there again with such wind :)

Derkd9

We ve been out from Stanley in 15-16 kmh E/NE winds 2 weeks ago. 2-3 ft waves in 55-65 fow, and it was building up so we packed it after 6 fish for 2 of us before noon. Took long time to get back too - we had a choice of a wet ride or a slow ride and chose the slow one ;)
Not looking forward going there again with such wind :)
Not a fan of east winds either. Thursday evening is North wind 14km/hour should be good
Friday morning north wind 17km/hour should be good
Friday evening north wind 19km/hour bumpy but should be good
Saturday morning north east hard to say
But I’d wake up and check at least

vmuravin

Yeah you can notice by the weather and how it "correlated" to the number of the fishing reports, especially how slow the season is... I just remember what it was like last Sunday around Fort Erie... Waves came so fast...

Checked the Windy again. So I guess if the winds change direction at 2 am to North and then calm down later in the morning, all the leftover waves from the west side should dissolve by morning? This *could* be a go after all...

Derkd9

Yeah you can notice by the weather and how it "correlated" to the number of the fishing reports, especially how slow the season is... I just remember what it was like last Sunday around Fort Erie... Waves came so fast...

Checked the Windy again. So I guess if the winds change direction at 2 am to North and then calm down later in the morning, all the leftover waves from the west side should dissolve by morning? This *could* be a go after all...
I’ve had a stellar season.
Where have you been fishing?
im hoping to get some more Port Stanley trips in before the seasons over for me

vmuravin

I’ve had a stellar season.
Where have you been fishing?
im hoping to get some more Port Stanley trips in before the seasons over for me
Well I think I had have :) a reasonably good season on both on Lake E and Lake O considering that it is my first season where I am the pseudo-senior-fisherman in my boat (last season was spent at the fishing university of my senior fishing buddy). There were good days, there were bad days. Got skunked 4 times out of probably 50 trips this year, all skunks on Lake O, all on hot days, but I take as learning experience.

Derkd9

Well I think I had have :) a reasonably good season on both on Lake E and Lake O considering that it is my first season where I am the pseudo-senior-fisherman in my boat (last season was spent at the fishing university of my senior fishing buddy). There were good days, there were bad days. Got skunked 4 times out of probably 50 trips this year, all skunks on Lake O, all on hot days, but I take as learning experience.
I’ve never fished Lake Ontario before
I definitely going to have to next year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks