Feb3,st.bills.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Walked out with with a couple friends. Didn't want to fish a in a hut with with 3 guys so I pulled my own hut and gear with. Went to the same area i took my brother last Sunday also same place I fished Friday. No skunk again. I Went 5/5 on the pike all in the 23-28 inch range. noting on the tip up,soaked all day.
Perch were firing ok on Williams silver/gold nipigon rite from start till 3. Things dried up in that spot,so i thought..
I drilled 4 holes heading towards shore. On the last hole I could see sand so that's where I moved. Action was pretty well the same,slow here&there. See the odd 1 come by and check my offering then leave. Just for something to do I dropped a tiny white tungsten fly down to try get an angle on these widow shopping perch. Yeep,thats the medicine! Should have seen the school that came in fighting for that stupid thing. Nice fish too, 6-13inchers. Put my spoon/minnow down to try and pluck the big 1s out and damn near snuffed the whole play. I could instantly see they lost total interest so Immediately put the fly back down and they all came back. End of the day 40prch & 3pike In the basket.
#60 silver/gold wabbler for pike. Silver/gold nipigon and tungsten fly for the perch. Still have 90%of the 3 scoops I bought. I Couldn't give them away to the perch, I tried! The chum just lay on the bottom. They seen it but didn't care.123991240012401

Walked out with with a couple friends. Didn't want to fish a in a hut with with 3 guys so I pulled my own hut and gear with. Went to the same area i took my brother last Sunday also same place I fished Friday. No skunk again. I Went 5/5 on the pike all in the 23-28 inch range. noting on the tip up,soaked all day.
Perch were firing ok on Williams silver/gold nipigon rite from start till 3. Things dried up in that spot,so i thought..
I drilled 4 holes heading towards shore. On the last hole I could see sand so that's where I moved. Action was pretty well the same,slow here&there. See the odd 1 come by and check my offering then leave. Just for something to do I dropped a tiny white tungsten fly down to try get an angle on these widow shopping perch. Yeep,thats the medicine! Should have seen the school that came in fighting for that stupid thing. Nice fish too, 6-13inchers. Put my spoon/minnow down to try and pluck the big 1s out and damn near snuffed the whole play. I could instantly see they lost total interest so Immediately put the fly back down and they all came back. End of the day 40prch & 3pike In the basket.
#60 silver/gold wabbler for pike. Silver/gold nipigon and tungsten fly for the perch. Still have 90%of the 3 scoops I bought. I Couldn't give them away to the perch, I tried! The chum just lay on the bottom. They seen it but didn't care.View attachment 12399View attachment 12400View attachment 12401
Where did you buy you beaded ice fly? It looks like a VMC product.

Frank

#60 silver/gold wabbler for pike. Silver/gold nipigon and tungsten fly for the perch. Still have 90%of the 3 scoops I bought. I Couldn't give them away to the perch, I tried! The chum just lay on the bottom. They seen it but didn't care.View attachment 12399View attachment 12400View attachment 12401
Where did ya get that little weighted fly

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks