Featherstone Point

BASS GUY

Hi to all -wondering if there is a boat launch at Featherstone Point Thanks

Not to my knowledge nanticoke or maitland be closest i think

Austin's boat ramp for the smallest tinners. Think hand launch. It's the worst ramp I've ever seen but it is the closest.

Not sure of the size of your boat, but smaller tinners can use the old unmaintained launch at the end of Kohler Road.

Not sure of the size of your boat, but smaller tinners can use the old unmaintained launch at the end of Kohler Road.
Or you can pay 20 bucks to use the old unmaintained launch at Hoover's....sad they can't even bolt a couple of cleats on the dock or toss an old tire over the jagged steel post at the end but whatever, it's been like that forever.

Or you can pay 20 bucks to use the old unmaintained launch at Hoover's....sad they can't even bolt a couple of cleats on the dock or toss an old tire over the jagged steel post at the end but whatever, it's been like that forever.
That's why I've never launched there. I launch at the Dunville boat club and make the long scenic cruise. The launch is in great shape, but the boat needs a wash after.

thanks think i will go to nanitcoke on saturday

There is also the Port Dover harbour marina which is a great facility for 20 bucks but it doesn't open the gates until 8:00am. They don't seem to care if you sneak in and pay later but you can't always get in.

Im going to the end of kholer saturday morning for fishing the launch there is terrable i used it last year i have 16' bare bones tinny with a 7.5 on the back and i had to put the bottom of doors under water about an inch to get her floated going to be the same thing this weekend too exept i have 4 to 5 guys on board so we should be able to muscel it on and off with out going that deep.

I am wondering tho if anyone has been there on the opener before last year i was there on sumday afternoon had to work saterday and sunday and i know its a small area to park i am thinking about just going friday night and sleeping in the truck we are launchimg for 6 am anyone know what the traffic at that launch would be like around that time if im safe to just come down or i should sleep there ovdrnight?
Thanks see you giys out there ill be in the big grey tin over loaded with a small canada flag on the back

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks