Favorite wind site

Sportfish 2050

Just was wondering which wind app everyone uses. I usually use windyty or windy.com. usually fairly accurate.

Windy can’t go wrong
Compare it to environment Canada marine forecast and weather network marine forecast

Windy and windfinder. Windfinder is pretty specific, I like Windy to get a sense of what the atmosphere is doing.

Mostly, windfinder. If there is a deawback with it, itbis that mist locations are on land, and that can have a big effect on actual windspeeds and directions. Looking at the lake bound locations is key to getting a better idea of what will be happening. Most of the time it's fairly accurate, but it misses every once in a while, and when it does, seems to be big, like yesterday off Glasgow when it was predicting between .3 and 1, and the reality was 2 - 4. If it's a day where I am questioning it, I will use as many as 4 different sources to help make my own prediction.
Marine forecast
Windy, and the current conditions from the buoys, as a baseline comparison. Webcams are a big assist if you can find one too.

I use Windfinder for fishing and hunting. 98 outta 100 times it seems to be dead on but like any weather takes some swings and misses.
With Windfinder you have to use the 3 day super forecast because the regular one seems to be out for lunch a fair amount

like any weather takes some swings and misses.
I laugh a little at people who get angry when the weather isn’t %100 as expected. Like it’s a prediction and they’re right way more often then they aren’t. Bloody black magic if you ask me.

That being said the 14 day forecast is pretty useless, but 24-48h out they’re impressively accurate.

Windy, The Weather Network (Long Point), and Environment Canada Marine forecast. If they all match, its usually correct. If they're all different, roll the dice. Lol.

I went fishing on the bay Friday morning. When I went to bed Thursday night, they all said it was going to be around 8-10km/h SW wind. When I woke up at 0430, it was changed to 15-20km/h 😕

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks