FAREWELL TOUR -WITH JAMMER (LOL)

RatherBeRiggin

I texted Jammer last night....Hey Jammer we should hit Burwell one more time in a.m. His reply...hell ya, I was going anyway. Lol

On the water first light, started around 52 feet and worked out to 59 feet with rods up by 9:45 with limit.
Once we found them it was quick work with approx. 28 eyes to the boat keeping 12 decent fish. ( some fatties in there)
Colour didnt seem to matter as much as depth. 45 to 50 feet being the target that worked best
We didn't mark alot of baitfish but the eyes were spitting up smelt. Temp up top was still about 68 to 69 degrees with nice amount of hooks in that 45 to 50 feet.
It just might be the farewell tour, but such a great picture out there on the screen. Spoon bite for us with pink, purple was best colour however as we said we hit fish on other colours too. Lots of dinks in the mix of fish ....again such a promising sign for the future.
Thanks again Chris, (Jammer) what a great time for a couple hours work.
Always appreciated and great to see you again. Good luck out there guys and stay safe.

John (RBR)

Another Day On The Water

Resized_20220924_075245(1).jpeg

Resized_20220924_100503(1)(1) (1).jpeg
20220924_111321.jpg20220924_111459.jpg

Just As We Were Leaving- Shelf Cloud

Resized_20220924_100629(1).jpeg

Last edited:
Yup....weather next few days not looking good but depending on what Mother Nature does and if temps can hold we may get another chance....here is hoping.
By the way....I expect to see a photo or two of some breaded fillets mixed in with some other fixins. :)

Thanks again
RBR

I texted Jammer last night....Hey Jammer we should hit Burwell one more time in a.m. His reply...hell ya, I was going anyway. Lol

On the water first light, started around 52 feet and worked out to 59 feet with rods up by 9:45 with limit.
Once we found them it was quick work with approx. 28 eyes to the boat keeping 12 decent fish. ( some fatties in there)
Colour didnt seem to matter as much as depth. 45 to 50 feet being the target that worked best
We didn't mark alot of baitfish but the eyes were spitting up smelt. Temp up top was still about 68 to 69 degrees with nice amount of hooks in that 45 to 50 feet.
It just might be the farewell tour, but such a great picture out there on the screen. Spoon bite for us with pink, purple was best colour however as we said we hit fish on other colours too. Lots of dinks in the mix of fish ....again such a promising sign for the future.
Thanks again Chris, (Jammer) what a great time for a couple hours work.
Always appreciated and great to see you again. Good luck out there guys and stay safe.

John (RBR)

Another Day On The Water

View attachment 66344

View attachment 66345
View attachment 66346View attachment 66347

Just As We Were Leaving- Shelf Cloud

View attachment 66348
Very nice photos and good fishing once again. Beat September fishing in years!!

@Toad yes you are right, Jammer and I were talking about exactly that as we could not remember the fishing this good so late into September.
It was a great day out there and once we found active fish it was a flurry.🤙

@Extra Virgin, and @Darryl, that large shelf cloud was present just as we were pulling rods about 9:45 and looked dark and ominous. It was a large front and I could see it shutting them down.

Thanks guys.

I was after the fellas that were after the fellas the Extra Virgin was catching at Bluff Bar and the front did not seem to bother them too much, unlike their food source. Nice job on the walleye haul this morning Jammer and RBR. With the wind precited to be up in the afternoon, I stayed on the leeward side today. It looks like maybe I shouldn't have.

@Red Fisher .....we had that chore list waiting for us when we each got home too..... ended up being a great day all round with the some (not all ) of the chores getting completed. (but then again that list is never complete..LOL):oops:

@Extra Virgin that is a nice jumbo perch🙂🙂 there....glad you were able to get into them until that front came in.

@Reel-ist ...thanks and yead it was a beauty morning to be on the water once we found them. We knew the wind was predicted to pick up so figured we would get adter them early on. Thanks again.👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks