Fan for a boat

HuntingFishing77

Looking for recommendations on a fan for my boat.

Last year I bought a cordless dewalt fan that runs off my drill batteries. Originally purchased for my tent on a muggy night I have found it to be great for keeping bugs from being so friendly out on the lake. It also can be plugged in. It wasn't the cheapest but there is also a ryobi version that is somewhere in the 75 bucks range.

These ones made by Maradyne USA in Cleveland Ohio are far better than any of those mass produced Chinese junk fans sold by Amazon or Princess Auto etc. Built using chromed steel made to last this is their smallest unit but still pushes 140-210 CFM 2 speed. They have a range of other more powerful 12 volt fans including 24 volt units at higher prices. Grainger in Thornhill ON only charges $7.50 shipping. :)

These ones made by Maradyne USA in Cleveland Ohio are far better than any of those mass produced Chinese junk fans sold by Amazon or Princess Auto etc. Built using chromed steel made to last this is their smallest unit but still pushes 140-210 CFM 2 speed. They have a range of other more powerful 12 volt fans including 24 volt units at higher prices. Grainger in Thornhill ON only charges $7.50 shipping. :)

Hi WaveRunner. That looks great. What happens if it gets wet?

I have a clip on oscillating fan that plugs into a lighter. Advantage is that if you do not want the fan you store it away. Oscillating because having a stationary fan move air in one direction. Oscillating moves air through out the cabin area keeping flies moving. Lighter connection because I don't want it stationary and if I want to move it to another spot I have cord room to move... put in Google Search "oscillating 12v fan" a number come up. take your pick.

Hi WaveRunner. That looks great. What happens if it gets wet?
I don't think any of the inexpensive dash fans are waterproof to my knowledge. The Kona by Caframo is totally waterproof built for extreme marine use in any condition but it will cost you a lot more. Myself I would just have a bag ready to put over the Maradyne in case it started raining cats and dogs if you want to save the expense. However this one has more power and 3 speeds.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks