Family favourite launches on Erie (clean toilets etc.)?

Octavius Brine

Or to ask another way- cleanest shitter on Eastern Lake Erie? Porta potties are fine with me but it's July. They're hot as hell and even the nicest one isn't going to impress the wife and kids!

I am in Cambridge so I can reach quite a few options...

Some places have a swing set, a beach or something to entertain the kids while I set up and launch... all nice bonuses. I clean my fish at home, so cleaning stations are not a factor. And yes, I can stop at a Tim's along the way or public beaches, parks etc. too so a launch that is just down the road from those amenities works too.

Lol the provincial park is the best I’ve seen. It’s still a hole in the ground type, but it has running water and if you really want luxury you can drive into the park to the one with hot water and showers! But it’s a long way from deep water and walleye!

The one at Port Maitland is set up well, multiple porta-potties and playground and park right there as well.

I agree Leamington is one of the best that I've experienced on Erie or Ontario and their washrooms/showers, parking area, launch and grounds are very clean. My wife and I take our boat to Leamington for for the Canada weekend most years as they have a great fireworks display. They also have helping hands to launch and load your boat while parking or retrieving your truck. Only problem is it can be pretty busy first thing in the morning, especially on weekends but with two ramps it moves quickly. Then for Labour Day we will go to a different marina. Seen numerous marinas but none are as nice or as clean. Honourable mentions go out to the Trenton Port marina, Port Dover marina and Bronte Outer Harbour Marina. Port Dalhousie Yacht Club West has been the worst so far,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks