fall smallmouth fishing north shore ?

Rob V

I've got some time off next week and if the weather co-operates I'd like to get out a few times in the inner/outter bay for some perch or along the north shore of the outter bay/lake to find some small mouth that I read about being so available in lake erie.

I'm not looking for hot spots - but in general is there any chance of connecting with some small mouth in the lake at this time of the year. If so - what depth should a guy concentrate on. I assume dragging tubes and working drop shots would be preferred methods ?

Any help for a novice from some of you experienced veterans would be appreciated. thanks.

Rock piles off Normandale... watch your prop...

Or maybe the Nanticoke Shoal?

Rob V,I have caught Smallmouth Bass in the main Channel around the 3 & 4 Buoy Marker`s Trolling using Crankbait`s,and casting Tube`s,if the Bass prefer a Slower presentation,in the 10 to 12 Feet Of Water Depth.I have never tried the North Shore,because I usually Launch out of Long Point Provincial Park,or Sandboy Marina etc,on that side of the Bay,and had Luck closer then the North Shore,but like stomp mentioned,the Bass could be feeding around the Nantiocke Shoal also,this time of year. Good Luck,and Catch Lot`s.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks