Fall Smallies

average ryan

Hello all I was just curious when the fall smallies start eating for winter do they come back to the shallows to feed when the water temp drops i don't expect it to be like bass opener or anything just curious if they come back in to the inner bay???

Depending on when in the fall, bass will start to school up more. There is a time frame in late September, early October where they will come in shallow for a few weeks, but for the most part they are in deeper water.

There are always shallow fish..don't let them fool you... and some true giants stay shallow all year..when I say shallow I mean 10 feet or less.. I have caught smallies in the inner bay as late as November but most do make their way out of the bay. They will use the channel as a highway in and out . They start to stack up late September right till almost ice up. Warm sunny days in the fall will bring em shallow to the warm rocky areas ... pay attention to weather and your graph. They could be in 6 feet or 40 feet from September till December...

awesome thanks everyone this is the first year we've had a boat down here in a very long time so just trying to get some feed back as to what times are better than others and so on and so forth thanks for your help... it will help locate a bit better as we keep trying to find them this time of year!!! Happy fishing All!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks