Off Topic Fact or Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
You work on a boat and have plenty of reason to bend the truth
Where as my source has no reason to

Just out of curiosity, how deep are you setting perch nets right now ? I presume it's in the colder water right?
Hi @G.Mech, I can't help you there as I'm not fishing right now. I'm only a part-timer on weekends and haven't been on the boat since mid-June. In June we were fishing perch nets in 60+ feet but they were scattered when I took my leave and the perch fishing wasn't great. My boat isn't back fishing just yet so I don't know where the other boats are catching perch.

Last time I was out angling a week ago there were several walleye nets straight off Bruce, but I didn't see any perch nets. This time of year with the warm water, day-lighting perch nets (setting them in the morning and pulling them a few hours later) is more common so I'm not surprised I didn't see any.

Just to add fuel to this fire I did see a seagull pecking at a small dead one when I was out Wed. Not surprised. Not everyone will survive. I throw mine back.

I’m sorry I derailed the thread. On my limited time working on a commercial boat I haven’t wasted or released any walleye, big or small.

I have caught and released many small walleye while angling, especially the last 5 or 6 seasons as I only seem to recall catching large pickerel before then. I always hope they live and only release very lively small ones that were landed quickly and not dragged in for awhile on leadcore. I don’t know what the mortality rate is but I hope they live to grow another day.

Happy fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks