Eyes & Bows - Port Burwell - Tuesday, July 5th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Pretty awesome. Albert & I left Simcoe this morning at 5:00 am. We met Emil (Icefisherman) at Burwell. By 11:20 this morning we were putting our gear away because we had 18 walleye and 6 rainbow in the box.I have no idea why the walleye are so big but a don't think we even lost one under 4 or 5 pounds. Pictured below is Emil with a 30.5" fish that weighed over 9 pounds. We didn't weigh or measure mine but it's huge. We fished SE of the harbour starting in 58 fow and caught fish just about non stop until we reached 64 fow when done. I caught using the traditional "chicken wing" spoon down 27-37 on the rigger. Emil was killing them with his "Target" worm using 4 to 7 colour lead core. Albert caught trolling an old "silver/blue Bomber" clean and any chartreuse worm harness was hot off the dipsey divers back 90-110 feet on #3. Anything and everything worked. Emil even had a few bows attack his Target worm. He didn't land any but that's how hot it was.
EmilJuly52011.jpg

ArnoldJuly52011.jpg

First I read gillers report and felt ill-----now I feel plain nauseous.

Awesome guys----read rest of my reply to giller.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Great work guys. Nice that Emil finally got out and had a good day on Erie. I'm not sure that reeling in those old walleye is quite as exciting as the Lake O salmon but it's still lot's of fun. Hope to make it out again this weekend but we'll see what the weatherman has to offer first.

Thanks guys,

what day it was for sure....and how else could it have been with such a company as Arnie and Albert - the legendary duo...
With a tripple...and couple doubles....waooo....let's not mention names but some of the winnign team got their work cut out for them ha ha ha and had to rest from time to time:D8D

Only 3-4 farm animals, which was great compared to the 50+ we've got with Arnie couple years ago....

Got so excited that even forgot my leadcore rod in Arnie's boat....oh well.....one more reason to go fishing with him again ha ha ha8D
Good thing I didn't forget my camera this time as I've got some great shots with it.

Love the shots of good old timers bellow....as you can see everyone was having great time....thanks for the fun and quality time together guys.

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Great report guys! Thx. Beautiful looking conditions and phenomenal 'eyes! Starting to remind me of the late 80's!

Awesome report guys! Can wait to get out there myself.

Thanks for the info....

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

Great job guy's. The early bird definitly got the worm today. With that crew on board the eye's and bow's didn't stand a chance. Nice talking to ya Emil, hooking up for a fish together has to be in our future;). Would have been great to get a little video of you three hammering those eye's!

Brian (Legend Man)

Awesome job guys, I heard you guys on the radio giving Legend Man your general direction....

We were slightly west of where Legend Man was in the 60-61FOW and did good with 7 eyes and 2 bows.

Leadcore was hot for us, 5-7 color with spoons.

Glad you had some success, keep it up.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Now that's some great fishing Duck!! Congrats to you guys, looks like an awsome day on the water! Readingur post and looking at all the pictures has really made me jealous Duck! Can't wait to get out. Again,... great job you guys!!!!

Mike

L34VCAUUTNC0CAYKDKE6CA00IOBCCAEFGNJ.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by jumbos

Great job guy's. The early bird definitly got the worm today. With that crew on board the eye's and bow's didn't stand a chance. Nice talking to ya Emil, hooking up for a fish together has to be in our future;). Would have been great to get a little video of you three hammering those eye's!

Brian (Legend Man)

Brian,

any time, any place (Lake Simcoe/Ontario/Erie)....I am ready my friend.
Just pick the date and time and give me couple days notice and we'll do it.:)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

sorry for a silly question but SE of harbour towards the sand hills or silver barn.going in the morning.john.

Spoonmaster, it's about 10 miles out to 60 fow. My rule of thumb for Burwell is that it's about 5 miles out to 55 fow and 1 mile for every fow after that. Not exact but seems to hold fairly true for the most part.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks