Off Topic Extreme marine - Nilestown. Experiences ?

Rob V

I've got a little bit of maintenance that needs to be done on my mercury optimax (impeller and possible thermostat but that needs to be diagnosed). I haven't needed to get much done on that motor since i've owned it (10+ years) but when I have it's been done at Proctors. Trouble with Proctors is it's hard for me to get to during business hours and Extreme marine would be much more convenient. I've been happy with the service I got from Proctors and I'm a bit leery of changing

Anybody have any experience with the service at this dealership - good or bad ? - they're an authorized mercury dealer but I'd really like to hear from anyone who's had work done there.
Thanks.

well that's certainly some good information - thanks for your input. I'm sold

I have had nothing but positive experiences there. They are great! I actually had vehicle issues there once and after arranging having a mechanic look at it for me they let me borrow one of their work vehicles while mine was in the shop. Great people.

Well all of you have had positive experiences, I will never step foot on there property again. Nothing against the business, just one or 2 of the guys we delt with while looking at new boats were complete jerks.

Rob and staff have treated me more than fairly over the years. A few years ago when my father in law passed away and we had a gig on Larder Lake to spread his ashes, my boat failed me a few days before the trip north. Rob understood the sensitivity and him and his staff went beyond the call of duty to get my boat running.....and he didn’t bend me over on the invoice but he could have...that’s customer service that you never forget....

Don’t hesitate to take your boat there. 999/1000 he will do it right...

Good luck

Herefishyfishy

Always the best. Never had a problem finding what I need from them ever. Always great and respectful of your needs

Just bought a 18 XTR from Brad, Excellent staff, very experienced and professional!!! Recommend them to everyone!

Had them install a new 10 hp Pro kicker with electric start, last spring. Shopped all over and they gave me the best price. The install looked awesome when completed.

They are very good guys, I bought a set of spark plugs from them. After a little wait ( I thought he was looking for the plugs in the back ) he handed me all six he had gapped the plugs for me. On top of that he was 4 dollars a plug less than anyone else I called.

They've been great for ordering parts when I was rebuilding my old Bayliner.

However, when I needed the tilt/trim motor changed on a 70s motor they wouldn't touch it because they only worked on newer motors. I had the parts, but not the time. I'm handy but certainly no mechanic... instead of fishing I spent a couple hours and did it myself. Makes me question what sort of mechanics they have. So many of these places just have parts swappers following a troubleshooting guide anymore.

I almost bought a boat at Proctors a few years ago. Then changed my mind and got my deposit back. Next time I went in I wasnt treated to friendly and got the freeze treatment... Not very professional in my opinion. I was a regular customer but wont be back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks