Experience

Hunny -Du

Hey guys and girls . I bought me a new boat to me this past January and for me big lake fishing is kind of a mystery to me as I am the only one on my boat that has a half clue about fishing for eyes on Erie. My biggest problem is how to teach my wife how to do the set ups on the boat so we can catch some fishes . Any tips on how to teach her would be appreciated . I am usually on a river fishing somewhere , but since my knew knees I have gone to boat fishing ,and so for me any help would be greatly appreciated . I have been a member here for a while now and love the advice and the knowledge that is here. I am willing to take someone whims experienced along with me any time I am going out . pop me a line and let me know . I have room on my boat for two other people besides my wife and me

well in my case it was patient, she picked it up really fast and can set dipsy, leadcore, Riggers
Got the hang off netting fish " better than some of my friends who comes out with me "
She can keep course while setting up first thing
Make it fun , and no matter how little of a task is I always point out its importance
I still get great meals and a back rub 😜
Now I hope she will read this post 😏
I'm not sure taking a charter will help in this case as you said you do know about fishing the great lakes

Ps : just so you know , if she catches the biggest or more fish than you you will become the first mate and she will be the captain 😉
I know from first hand experience 🙄

I have been fishing with my wife for 2 seasons, you have to have patients, show her how to on land, before hitting the lake. It's a little safer and she won't try to rush.

I find 2 weeks at an all inclusive resort down south in February or March goes a long way to doing anything with my wife and fishing in general. For example, I sold my Lund Alaskan because I wanted a bigger walkaround style ...which I got with the 22' Trophy Pro I now run. We are having a new kitchen installed starting tomorrow ..there is a possibility that the 2 are somehow connected ..oh and the new boat has

give me a shout sometime Monday afternoon and we will discuss your needs. I can go out with you and maybe show you and your better half a few things about fishing Lake Erie for Walleye and Steelhead. I do have a bit of experience with fishing the lake as I owned and ran Scrimmy's Sportfishing for over 30 years. 519-520-9220
trophy.jpg

I would take Scrimmy up on his offer as he has a lot of knowledge, you and your wife won’t regret. You both need to be comfortable in the boat and dealing with the riggers, rods etc. Will make for a safe fun trip for you both.

May I suggest that you ask your wife to get her boating license and maybe the ROC too? In the beginning, I asked my wife to drive while I set stuff up. Then, if we got a fish, I let her bring it in, I net. And then showed her how to set up just one thing at a time. Truth be told though, my wife grew up fishing and thoroughly enjoys it. I think she is better at fishing then a lot of men - so no stereo typing here... I used the same approach with my son.

May I suggest that you ask your wife to get her boating license and maybe the ROC too? In the beginning, I asked my wife to drive while I set stuff up. Then, if we got a fish, I let her bring it in, I net. And then showed her how to set up just one thing at a time. Truth be told though, my wife grew up fishing and thoroughly enjoys it. I think she is better at fishing then a lot of men - so no stereo typing here... I used the same approach with my son.
Most people are unaware that you do need a Restricted Operator's Certificate to use a marine radio. If you get caught using a radio and or abusing the radio it comes with a very hefty fine. The ROC is easy to obtain as is the pleasure craft operating license

give me a shout sometime Monday afternoon and we will discuss your needs. I can go out with you and maybe show you and your better half a few things about fishing Lake Erie for Walleye and Steelhead. I do have a bit of experience with fishing the lake as I owned and ran Scrimmy's Sportfishing for over 30 years. 519-520-9220
View attachment 26250
Seems he is not too interested in learning. I offered to go out with him and his wife at no cost too either of them and left my phone number for him to call but no call yet. Well he can always pay for a charter and take notes.

Hey guys and girls . I bought me a new boat to me this past January and for me big lake fishing is kind of a mystery to me as I am the only one on my boat that has a half clue about fishing for eyes on Erie. My biggest problem is how to teach my wife how to do the set ups on the boat so we can catch some fishes . Any tips on how to teach her would be appreciated . I am usually on a river fishing somewhere , but since my knew knees I have gone to boat fishing ,and so for me any help would be greatly appreciated . I have been a member here for a while now and love the advice and the knowledge that is here. I am willing to take someone whims experienced along with me any time I am going out . pop me a line and let me know . I have room on my boat for two other people besides my wife and me
Have I done something to you in the past to upset you and that is the reason you ignore my post?

Have I done something to you in the past to upset you and that is the reason you ignore my post?
He hasn’t responded to any of the comments on his post, maybe he hasn’t logged back on since ?

My fiancé nets the fish, after a couple sketchy situations and a few lost fish, she does it very well now

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks