Evinrude e tec 15 h.o

Nater12

Considering purchasing a new 15 ho for a kicker. Anyone here have any experience using one for a kicker?

I put one on my boat in 2019 and love it. Lots of people think it was overkill for my kicker motor but if main motor fails I will get it without any worries. Does the one you’re looking at have the throttle buttons on the tiller handle? Those work great for dialing in your trolling speed.
What options are they throwing in? Controls or extended warranty to 10 years? I went with the 10 year warranty.

I put one on my boat in 2019 and love it. Lots of people think it was overkill for my kicker motor but if main motor fails I will get it without any worries. Does the one you’re looking at have the throttle buttons on the tiller handle? Those work great for dialing in your trolling speed.
What options are they throwing in? Controls or extended warranty to 10 years? I went with the 10 year warranty.
Right on. Yes the one I’m looking at does have the throttle buttons on the tiller definitely one of the features I like. The motor is on for a pretty good deal i believe with a 5 yr warranty. What size boat are you running it on? Did you notice a difference in handling after you mounted it? Thanks!

How much is the motor?
I am looking for 1 also

Why are you guys looking at 2 stroke motors for kickers? Oils expensive and stinks and they are noisier the 4 strokes. I have a 200 etec HO and while I love the engine I chose a 15hp Merc ProKicker.

Why are you guys looking at 2 stroke motors for kickers? Oils expensive and stinks and they are noisier the 4 strokes. I have a 200 etec HO and while I love the engine I chose a 15hp Merc ProKicker.
I believe you are wrong on all counts you are thinking old school maybe someone in the business can explain on the site here as I am far from being an expert on the Etec I only own one a 40hp and did a lot of research before buying and have had many outboards over the last 40 years just my thoughts

The etec is 2 stroke and you don’t get the oil burn off smell like the older 2 strokes. Sucks Evinrude has stopped making motors as I’d buy an etec any day of the week.
I have an 18 1/2 Alumacraft and really did notice much in the handling of the boat.
The etec 15 h.o is a 25 horse detuned and for $60 and some programming it be a 25hp.

I disagree, the oil burn off is very much an issue at trolling speeds. and at $65-$75/gal of oil any saving in gas is gone.

I disagree, the oil burn off is very much an issue at trolling speeds. and at $65-$75/gal of oil any saving in gas is gone.
I run a Etec 15HO and put just over 100hrs on the kicker trolling this season. My Oil reservoir tank holds 1L and the fluid level from the top was only down an inch!!! So not even 1/4 of a liter in over 100hrs of trolling! Also the fuel efficiency of the motor is A LOT better than any other kicker on the market!

Ya I have
I run a Etec 15HO and put just over 100hrs on the kicker trolling this season. My Oil reservoir tank holds 1L and the fluid level from the top was only down an inch!!! So not even 1/4 of a liter in over 100hrs of trolling! Also the fuel efficiency of the motor is A LOT better than any other kicker on the m

I have heard or read of guys getting 400 plus hours of trolling out of a 1L I guess I’m not as concerned about performance of the motor been running e Tecs 10 plus years with no issues. More concerned about transom weight and handling after mounting I guess. Running a 20 1/2 ft fibreglass starcraft 206 viper. Appreciate the info from you guys!

Ya I have

I have heard or read of guys getting 400 plus hours of trolling out of a 1L I guess I’m not as concerned about performance of the motor been running e Tecs 10 plus years with no issues. More concerned about transom weight and handling after mounting I guess. Running a 20 1/2 ft fibreglass starcraft 206 viper. Appreciate the info from you guys!
mines on an 1875 Lund Crossover. Big motor yes...the benefits outweigh the weight! Best fuel consumption on any kicker. Next to no oil usage, Instant starting even on days well below zero (Yes I run mine in well below freezing temps on Quinte) The 50+ rpm button is amazing for fine tuning trolling speed and the absolute best part is the Amp output! 5 times more amps than any other kicker on the market!

mines on an 1875 Lund Crossover. Big motor yes...the benefits outweigh the weight! Best fuel consumption on any kicker. Next to no oil usage, Instant starting even on days well below zero (Yes I run mine in well below freezing temps on Quinte) The 50+ rpm button is amazing for fine tuning trolling speed and the absolute best part is the Amp output! 5 times more amps than any other kicker on the market!
Pulled the plug on a new one excited to try it out in the spring! Did you guys bolt the motor through your transom or just using the clamps? I really appreciate the info from you guys thanks a lot

Pulled the plug on a new one excited to try it out in the spring! Did you guys bolt the motor through your transom or just using the clamps? I really appreciate the info from you guys thanks a lot
Bolted 2 thru bolts at the top and "Lag" style screws on the bottom. They are hard to find now...where did you find it and aprox how much $$$? I picked a spare 2019 up in New Liskeard in the summer and pretty much stole it!!!

Back