Evening at Elbow Aug.6th

10-7

Headed out this evening with a buddy for a last minute run. We trolled east then back west. In two hours ended up with 3 bows and 2 eyes. All were caught in 127 fow. The first bow came off rigger set 70' down. One eye & bow came off the other rigger set 55' down and 30' back. The last eye off dipsey set on 3, 155'back. All caught on spoons with dark colours with silver backs. (sorry, can never recall all the colour names :D )

All fish were a very good size, especially the one bow we release. Appeared to be 13 to 15lbs. Attached is my buddy holding one of the two bows kept. Nice size aswell.

photo.jpg

Cheers

10-7

Myself and a friend were also out . Stayed in between 70 & 105 went 2 for 4 on the pics we did not stay late but I new the bite would pick up .This has been a good year for me at the elbow probably best in last 7 years.

I also fished the elbow this weekend. Had to work for the two eyes we got, but they were hogs! Heres a photo of one.

555703_10150995309378602_2002283875_n.jpg

Great feedback guys. I have found the afternoon hours more productive out there. When I go for a day run, it is always very slow in am, but later in the day they strike and that's why we headed out for an evening run this time and it paid off in no time. Nice size eye there Jwalsh. Yes, most I've been catching including lastnight are pigs. Love it.

Cheers

10-7

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks