Essential Travel April 10

ch312

One of my boys and I sat down for a serious conversation this morning regarding covid and essential travel. After both of us were done laughing and making fun of of this crap, we determined it is essential to get the perch in the bay before they head deep. It is also essential to teach a kid how to fish for food, right?

Anyways, a few dozen boats were out and the perch are still in thick with plenty of bigger fish. Group of boats was in 8-8.5 ft 53-54 degree water, we did best in 7.5-8ft at 55 degrees to the east.

Best method by far was using a silver Williams ice spoon with dropper chain to call them in and a 2.5-3" minnow on slip sinker rig to get the big fish. Too many small fish on normal 1.5-2" minnows.

Patiently waiting for next weekend, so I took the boat for a drive around the block put some fuel in it. Parked it back in its spot in the laneway.
I brought the boat home , added 2 more rodholders , greased the pivot points , started both engines and that's the only water it seen this year , all goes well I will give myself a long weekend off from work to go fishing , I'm holding off on deep cleaning till after Mays bugaggedon , I hope it won't be as bad as last year

One of my boys and I sat down for a serious conversation this morning regarding covid and essential travel. After both of us were done laughing and making fun of of this crap, we determined it is essential to get the perch in the bay before they head deep. It is also essential to teach a kid how to fish for food, right?

Anyways, a few dozen boats were out and the perch are still in thick with plenty of bigger fish. Group of boats was in 8-8.5 ft 53-54 degree water, we did best in 7.5-8ft at 55 degrees to the east.

Best method by far was using a silver Williams ice spoon with dropper chain to call them in and a 2.5-3" minnow on slip sinker rig to get the big fish. Too many small fish on normal 1.5-2. We went out of port Rowan. Had a great first time this year. Perch and a nice pike. Pike caught within two minutes of fishing by hubby. We both did well with the perch.

I brought the boat home , added 2 more rodholders , greased the pivot points , started both engines and that's the only water it seen this year , all goes well I will give myself a long weekend off from work to go fishing , I'm holding off on deep cleaning till after Mays bugaggedon , I hope it won't be as bad as last year
It’s time, just too bad this summer time weather wasn’t planning on sticking around until next weekend
Oh well ten and sunny will have to do 🤞

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks